What movies have you watched recently?

Re: What movies have you watched recently?

Postby Carl » December 15th, 2016, 6:55 am

I just saw The Jungle Book (2016) courtesy of Netflix. Oh. My. GOD. Loved the old film but tbh this one is about 1,000,000x better. I've heard people complain that it's darker and "Jungle Book is supposed to be lighthearted and fun" but from what I've heard the actual book was pretty dark itself and IMO dark seems way more fitting a tale like Mowgli's than the latter. I really liked that in this version Mowgli was actually pretty clever, and the ending was awesome. Man I knew I was going to like this movie but I did not know I'd like it this much. I'm gonna have to buy it when I get the chance, and that's that.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Marizzle » December 18th, 2016, 4:31 am

Today was "comedy night" on this TV channel, so I watched these two cheesy movies:

Vacation (2015)
Fifty Shades of Black (2016)
:lol:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby xKendo » December 18th, 2016, 4:08 pm

I watched tons of new movies this week!

Suicide Squad: Even tho I'm not into this group of characters, I did enjoy some of them, especially the "new Joker" (and Harley Quinn), which is quite amusing, since I never was a fan of Joker before :lol:

Finding Dory: It was a cute movie and I love Ellen's voice, as well as the new character "Destiny", but the movie was too similar to Finding Nemo... "/

Ice Age: Collision Course I was waiting for some more screen time for Diego and Shira, so I was quite disappointed. But it was good enough? The basic of the Ice Age movies, I'd say. Although the relationship between Manny and Julian was resolved too easily and I wonder where are the other mammoths (from the other movie).. lol

Ratchet & Clank

Kubo and the Two Strings I see so many people loving this movie, and even tho it teaches you about family, being brave and so, the animation is not my style, however, putting that aside, I was waiting for something more.. epic(?) in the end, besides, it was pretty easy to figure some stuff out :p

Storks Probably my favorite movie of this list. It was a classic movie, cliché even, but the last scene, with "Fire and The Flood" playing in the background, was enough to make me fall in love with it. The characters are likable, especially Junior, he's just too cute :lol:

The Emperor's New Groove(Rewatch)
xKendo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Soren » December 21st, 2016, 2:51 am

[quote="Carl"]I just saw The Jungle Book (2016) courtesy of Netflix. Oh. My. GOD. Loved the old film but tbh this one is about 1,000,000x better. I've heard people complain that it's darker and "Jungle Book is supposed to be lighthearted and fun" but from what I've heard the actual book was pretty dark itself and IMO dark seems way more fitting a tale like Mowgli's than the latter. I really liked that in this version Mowgli was actually pretty clever, and the ending was awesome. Man I knew I was going to like this movie but I did not know I'd like it this much. I'm gonna have to buy it when I get the chance, and that's that.[/quote]
^ See Carl? I told you it was breathtaking!!! :D :P

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

I think I am starting to become way too addicted to watching this. Oh well, I guess that's why I am on this forum! :lol: :P
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Marizzle » January 2nd, 2017, 4:15 am

Titanic (1997). One of the few movies that always makes me cry. :busted: :kionoops:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby xKendo » January 2nd, 2017, 5:55 am

Kung Fu Panda 3 This movie, well, I admit I was expecting more for Tigress, mostly cause she's my favorite. But I sure love this move and they will be missed, I think DreamWorks ended it well, and this makes me regret not watching it in theaters. Not only due to it, but the animation, the story and such are so damn good! :dreamy:
xKendo

Pride Points: 8

Postby Sushi » January 2nd, 2017, 11:46 am

Over the hedge.
Simple and enjoyable with some quite funny moments, can't believe I've not watched it before now.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby Soren » January 11th, 2017, 3:19 am

The Land Before Time

I can't believe I had not seen this before. While it could be cheesy at times, for its target audience, I think it is a classic. It had a pretty good story, interesting characters, and the animation was very unique! This will definitely go into my favorite animated movies list.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Sushi » January 11th, 2017, 10:38 pm

The Birds.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby Si-Amber » January 15th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

PreviousNext

Return to The Den