Power Rangers (2017)

Power Rangers (2017)

Postby FlipMode » October 16th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Arguably the geekiest thread I have ever created but hey, so some of you know I love Power Rangers still, yeah I'm 25 now and I appreciate how silly the show is and the cheesiness and stuff but that to me has always been part of the charm. Plus I always loved the zords and designs of the villains, seeing the zords all form together and transform was amazing as a kid and it's still fun now, it's where my live for robots and engineering sort of comes from. And of course the merchandise... Dangggg the merchandise!

But enough about the TV series, I don't want to talk about that too much in this thread.
The teaser trailer for the new Power Rangers reboot movie just released recently and it got me very hyped to see this, even as just a movie I think it looks great but of course being Power Rangers I was going to watch it anyway.

But before I start talking too much about that I just wandered if anyone else was excited for this? If not then I'll crawl back to the nerdy forums where my kind tend to hang out and talk about such things :D but I'm still sort of active around here to, maybe there's some fans out there somewhere?! :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Power Rangers (2017)

Postby Carl » October 16th, 2016, 10:53 pm

I don't like most of the versions of Power Rangers, but I did love the good ole Mighty Morphin Rangers as a kid and have this strong nostalgia that makes me still enjoy that incarnation of them to this day. (Used to also like Turbo, but that's besides the point.)

Anyway, yeah, I'm excited for this too. The movie looks really awesome tbh and I think I'd probably be willing to give it a go even if I had (somehow) never heard of Power Rangers before or had only seen the more recent incarnations. This looks like a really intense reboot. In fact I may rewatch the good ole MMPR at some point soon.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » October 16th, 2016, 11:07 pm

I am intrigued by it but not completely sold on it. I want it to be good.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby The Spirit of Life » April 13th, 2017, 4:47 am

It was good. Surprisingly funny too. I'm probably going to go check it out again while it's in theatres.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Return to The Den