The Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Carl » April 5th, 2016, 1:39 am

I think most people who didn't like Fear either didn't like that it is different or got annoyed with the characters for not knowing what was going on, from what I've gathered on a TWD forum. Most people forget that the TWD universe is one in which zombie media never existed and since we know what's happening, people got tired of watching the characters trying to figure it out. Some people had other complaints that were mostly silly, and I haven't really heard a good reason for disliking it yet. I think it's too early in for most of the reasons people have had, so you'll probly at least find it okay, though of course it hasn't had time to get as good as the main series yet.

Also, the comics read fast, so that may not help much. :lol3:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Shadowfax » October 24th, 2016, 8:30 pm

*Revive*

Wow! What an episode! Don't forget to mark those spoilers ;)

So, were people surprised with what happened?
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Tsuki » October 24th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Geez!! That was a tense episode!! Very well written and acted out. Not many episodes have made me feel sick but this one did....with nerves :gasp:. As for shocked...yes and no.

Spoiler: show
I kind of guessed it would be Abe....but the second death got me right in the feels
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Carl » October 24th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Honestly, as someone who's read the comics and already knew how much of a threat Negan is, I felt the episode dragged on too long. But I get that people who've yet to read the comics or don't even plan to need to be shown just how bad this dude really is, so they kinda had to do that, I guess? But I found it to be nearly overkill. I was honestly rolling my eyes with the flashback things because I knew most of the characters were fine and imo 616 did a good job of establishing that Negan is someone to fear who has power over the group. That said...

show and comic spoilers: show
I was a bit surprised that two people were killed, but I had already come to terms with the loss of these two characters, so it really wasn't particularly upsetting to me, though it did suck. We knew someone was going to die and Glenn and Abraham both are characters who died around this time in the comics. Glenn's death was kind of necessary for the development that's ahead for Maggie, and Abraham had to go so that Sasha can do a thing that Abraham's lover in the comics does later. Having that in mind, I expected Sasha or Abraham to go, though I did think there was a chance they'd spare Glenn just to deviate away from what people were expecting. I also have a few guesses about Carol's relationship with someone from the Kingdom, as I think she'll be taking comic Michonne's place in a way, considering TV Michonne has taken a different comic character's place on the show. I'm trying to be at least a little vague here, so I'll say no more for now, lol.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SilverSimba01 » October 26th, 2016, 11:55 pm

Gosh, this show is really getting so intense and by how things went on this recent episode, men, things will get serious for our group
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Previous

Return to The Den