MLK Writing Contest #43!

MLK Writing Contest #43!

Postby DGFone » July 9th, 2018, 5:22 am

Time to get those writing hats on, because it's that time of the writing contest! I do apologize for the delays in the previous round - I was out of state (equivalent of out of country for you non-Americans), so had no access to my normal computer. I was able to finish up my story and create the voting round on my tablet, but that was terrible! Typing out several thousand words, including the walls of texts for the topics themselves, on a touch screen, sheesh! Anyways, with that out of the way, here are the new prompts for this newest of writing contests:

Nuka survives the log fall
After the credits roll
Creating of the first Lion Guard
Kovu's Father

The deadline for this contest will be: 10pm, MST Sunday, July 22nd, 2018.

Standard rules apply, as before: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else, and don't post a story you wrote for the contest elsewhere, such as FF.net or AoA, until after the contest is over. Once the submission deadline hits, it's free game for where the story can go*.

*I did see two stories pop up on FF.net before the final deadline hit, but after the original one expired. I know it's a bit incontinent if there is a delay, but I do ask in the future, please wait until the voting round starts before posting your story elsewhere.

Good luck authors! Let's keep the momentum going!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #43!

Postby DGFone » July 14th, 2018, 6:26 am

First of the two weekends coming up!

No submissions yet, not that I expected any. Just a heads up though: I will be flying out late in the month for work again. This gives enough time to get the writing portion and even the voting round in, but it means that there will be no delays. Delaying this round will mean easily another month lost.

So while there are still four days of weekend (and a week in between) to write: get writing! :evil:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » July 14th, 2018, 7:52 am

[quote]No delays[/quote]
Heard that one before..

:P
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » July 15th, 2018, 4:25 am

^ Yeah? Well...

Okay, I did kinda walk right into one. Was expecting it, to be honest. Still doesn't change that since this time, a delay guarantees a very long delay, I am not going to let that happen this time.

The farthest I can postpone the submissions deadline is the 28th. After that - it's the voting topic no matter what. Because the 30th I fly out again, and will be gone for two weeks.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » July 23rd, 2018, 2:54 am

[quote="DGFone"]
The farthest I can postpone the submissions deadline is the 28th.[/quote]

I was asked very specifically to wait until Tuesday, the 24th. It's only a few days, and will mean another submission in. So while I know I said no deadline postponing, I did say it might happen if there is a good reason for it, and since there is...

Yeah, deadline postponed until the 28th.

However: The deadline is for a submission to be sent to me. Voting round will be put up on Tuesday!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to MLK Writing Contest