MLK Writing Contest #42!

MLK Writing Contest #42!

Postby DGFone » May 26th, 2018, 6:06 am

So apparently I unintentionally delayed this new contest long enough that I got a PM from Rogue_Lion asking me what was up. I am going to take it as good news - there is enough enough interest in the contest that members care about it. So of course I was about to shut the computer down for the day when I remembered that I have yet to post this new contest. But I remembered, so here it is! For the next two or so weeks, these are the following prompts that you all can write for:

Let's give that jungle where Simba grew up in some love!
What if a "lion guard" wasn't exclusive to just the Pride Lands?
Kovu while in the Out Lands
A fight scene of some kind

The deadline for this contest will be: 10pm, MST Sunday, June 10th, 2018.*

Standard rules apply, as before: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else, and don't post a story you wrote for the contest elsewhere, such as FF.net or AoA, until after the contest is over. Once the submission deadline hits, it's free game for where the story can go.

Good luck authors! We had all but one story in WC41 be written by new members - I would like to see some older folks pick up the slack! You know who I'm talking to here. :P

* I will be out of town for work when the deadline will hit, so I can say with hesitant confidence that it is very likely that the deadline will be pushed by a week. Though I also have to strongly ask: Don't count on a deadline extension! If it hits, use it to improve your story, make it longer, or even scrap it and write a new one (as long as I have the original version already, that is). But please don't start writing after the deadline hits. I'm flying back in on Monday the 11th, so it could very well be the case that the extension will be by a day, not a week. I'll announce if the deadline will have a week delay rather than just a day.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #42!

Postby Azdgari » May 26th, 2018, 9:09 pm

Better not be looking at me.

:playful:
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » May 27th, 2018, 2:08 am

Oh the first topic sounds cute.

But end of sesmester exams...

Decisions, decisions....
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Rogue Lion » May 27th, 2018, 5:27 am

Welp, I already got an idea in mind. The best part, I could see this happening in the canon world of Lion King so we’ll have to see how it goes. Hehehe
RL ;)
Rogue Lion
Remember...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

TLK=Life

Nickname(s): RL
Pride Points: 1

Postby XVLegend--D » May 31st, 2018, 9:10 am

Good luck!
XVLegend--D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » June 10th, 2018, 6:47 am

Currently I only have one submission in. As the deadline is tomorrow - the same day I am flying in back home, I think it is best to extend it and give more time for stories to be sent in. Sunday June 17th should do it!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » June 18th, 2018, 5:59 am

Well good news and bad news.

Good news first: I got a second submission in!

Bad news: I am flying out early tomorrow for work, and will be away from my computer for two weeks. Unfortunately, while close, I couldn't finish my own story.

So here''s the deal: I want to delay the deadline, yes again, just long enough so that I can finish mine. It will realistically take a while because I will need to type out the rest on a tablet. However, if you guys want, I can not delay the deadline and instead have the voting round be with two stories instead of three. Or even just submit what I have (its already at 4000 words), so that there will be three stories to vote on. If that will be the case (two or two and a half stories), then I will be able to start the voting round tomorrow.

So let me know what you guys want: Vote now or wait, possibly for anther week, so that I can finish up what I have written now.

Until then - take care!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Rogue Lion » June 18th, 2018, 6:12 am

I say we start the voting now.

TLK Fans: :x

Well how about we go force people to write stories for the competition?

TLK Fans: :x

Oh come on! There’s got to be something to get people’s creativity going! Post about to contest in the TLK chat, go on Facebook, heck reach out to people in Amino. Somebody out there wants to write about Simba other than is right? ........... right? :oops:
RL ;)
Rogue Lion
Remember...

TLK=Life

Nickname(s): RL

Postby XVLegend--D » June 18th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Finished my one shot so I have time to get one in! Good luck!
XVLegend--D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Azdgari » June 18th, 2018, 11:12 pm

So the voting round would be in a week?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest