MLK Writing Contest #40! [Winner!]

MLK Writing Contest #40! [Winner!]

Postby DGFone » April 11th, 2018, 5:09 am

The voting round is over. This means we get to find out who wrote the stories! The untitled story which was voted as the favorite was written by...
FlipMode

Well done! It's always nice to see stories written by long time contributors to the writing contest getting recognition.

As for the two stories tied in second place, New Dawn was written by Azdgari, while A Lion and a Lombax Under the Stars was written by DGFone. Well done to the two of you as well!

And as a special note, something unusual happened for this writing contest that I never saw before: After I posted the voting round, I got a PM from a new member on how to submit a story into the contest. Since it was too late to add it in, I told them to simply create a general fan fiction topic with it outside the contest. So consider as a "honorary" addition to writing contest #40, the story Lion Guard Tale: Breaking Through Thick Skin by Rogue Lion! Hope to see a submission from you in WC 42 starting next weekend!

And thank you Flip for the shoutout to my story in the voting round! When I wrote it, I knew that it was going to be incredibly niche, but I didn't know how much. There is a part 1 for it in Writing Contest 39, as well as that I am planning on continuing and finishing up this story. Whether that will be in the next writing contests or outside of them is to be determined.

Until then, stay tuned for the weekend: Writing Contest 41 starts soon!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #40! [Winner!]

Postby FlipMode » April 12th, 2018, 12:19 am

Yeah it was a fun read. I used to be a big fan of that series so it was really cool to see an entry based around that.

Wow I don't think I have ever won the TLK writing contest before lol. It took years but it finally happened xD
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » April 12th, 2018, 1:00 am

Wow GJ Flipmode. Everyone’s story was good, but I think your’s was the best. ;)

I might join in the fun next time.
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby FlipMode » April 12th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Thank you, I'm glad people enjoyed reading it
And you should!
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to MLK Writing Contest