MLK Writing Contest #40!

MLK Writing Contest #40!

Postby DGFone » March 11th, 2018, 6:41 am

Since 39 was quite well received, let's roll into Writing contest 40! This is that round where I am expecting submissions from you lot now, so no being idle. ;)

Zira prioritizes Nuka over Kovu
It means you're a baboon, and I'm not!
If Rafiki helped Scar instead of Mufasa/Simba
Continue a previous stroy

The deadline for this contest will be: 10pm, MST Sunday, March 25th, 2018.

Standard rules apply, as before: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else. New rule (since I remembered that I wanted to include it previously): Don't post a story you wrote for the contest elsewhere, such as FF.net or AoA, until after the contest is over. Once the submission deadline hits, it's free game for where the story can go.

Good luck authors! Can we get 5+ submissions? We had 4 last time, but only 3 if you don't count the one that sat for over a year in my inbox.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #40!

Postby Azdgari » March 13th, 2018, 3:20 am

It won't be pretty (never is), but I'll have something!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » March 19th, 2018, 4:38 am

Heads up: Just one more weekend left!

No submissions in yet.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » March 20th, 2018, 12:57 am

Yeah, yeah, workin' on it...
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » March 25th, 2018, 2:53 am

After tonight, there will only be one day left!

Zero submissions in so far.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » March 28th, 2018, 1:09 am

Anyone entered yet?
I wasn't planning to but for the sake of not having the contest die already I could probably write up something that vaguely resembles a story.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » March 28th, 2018, 3:16 am

Nope, no entries yet.

That being said, I did get a PM asking me to extend the deadline by a member who is very much planning to write a story but couldn't get around to it yet. They haven't told me when I can expect it, but I think I can safely nudge the deadline to the next weekend - April 1st.

That being said, it would be a rather terrible April fools' joke to have to extend the deadline past that, so please don't procrastinate further than that.

That means you too, DGFone. Just because you are using other's tardiness to excuse your own procrastination doesn't mean you are off the hook either.
Yes, I will also have something written up by Sunday night.

So... can I look forward to at least three stories in the voting round? :happythoughts:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » March 30th, 2018, 2:23 am

That doesn't give me long as I wasn't planning on it to begin with... But I think I can just about get it in by Sunday yes. :) if I can get an idea going tomorrow and start it then should be fine.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » March 30th, 2018, 2:51 am

If you really need more time, PM me and I can wait. But I don't want to prematurely extend the deadline just on a whim before the weekend, because that will grantee that everyone else will procrastinate to the new deadline, and suddenly, even more time is needed, cycle repeats...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » March 30th, 2018, 8:34 pm

I'm almost done with a very sloppy story. If other people enter, you're almost sure to beat me--let that be your incentive!

:mischievous2:
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest