MLK Writing Contest #39! [Winner!]

MLK Writing Contest #39! [Winner!]

Postby DGFone » February 28th, 2018, 4:22 am

Looks like I will have to clear up something here: the story that won, Wormhole, wasn't actually submitted for the writing contest - it had been sitting in my inbox, unread, for a little over a year. You can probably now guess from this info, that it was submitted for writing contest 38, before that stalled out. When I created the voting round for 39, I went ahead and realized that since it was still on topic, and I really would have felt bad for abandoning the only story to have been submitted for 38, that I decided to go ahead and place it into 39. I think we can all agree that was not a bad decision. So with this background info out of the way, the author of this story was non other than...

Carl!

Second place, with one vote, goes to Smoldering Crater, written by DGFone. Untitled 1 was written by Azdgari, and Untitled 2 (I just looked in my inbox, and it actually has a title - Fire & Ice) was authored by Flipmode. Thank you all for the stories - it looks like we will be able to continue with the writing contest once more!

Stay tuned near the end of the week for writing contest #40!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #39! [Winner!]

Postby FlipMode » March 6th, 2018, 2:07 am

Yeah I noticed you listed my entry as entitled even though it had one lol.
No worries dude we all make mistakes. The fact we got a reboot for the contest at all is awesome to see. Definitely going to try and enter more consistently myself :)

Congratulations Carl who probably won't see this but I enjoyed the story a lot. It was fun and it read like you had fun writing it too. Good stuff :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » March 9th, 2018, 11:37 pm

Kudos Carl, wherever you are!

Next round?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » March 10th, 2018, 4:13 am

Tomorrow! :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to MLK Writing Contest