MLK Writing Contest #39! [Reboot!]

MLK Writing Contest #39! [Reboot!]

Postby DGFone » January 29th, 2018, 6:56 am

With the recent interest in the writing contest again, it is being rebooted! Not exactly news if you were paying attention to writing contest #38, but you never know. And since there was more support for a new contest rather than just picking up where 38 left off, here's the reboot. Structurally, it's the same: two weeks to write a story based on the prompts, and then a week for voting.

For this round, there will be more prompts than usual because Azdgari asked to include some of his own prompts. His delay in getting them in to me also caused the wait compared to being able to start this past Friday like I wanted to. I hold no responsibilities for letters of complaint sent to him.

With the logistics out of the way, here are the prompts:

While Nala was searching for Simba, the pride did what had to be done to survive under Scar's rule
Even under Zira's crushing authority, her cubs managed to have snippets of a childhood
Scar fights off the Hyenas and survives to stand trial before the pride
Reintegration of the Outsiders into the Pride Lands
The Lion King: Future

The deadline for this contest will be: 10pm, MST Sunday, February 18th, 2018. Or a little over a year since writing contest 38 stalled out and died. Let it not happen this time again.

Standard rules apply, as before: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else. New rule (since I remembered that I wanted to include it previously): Don't post a story you wrote for the contest elsewhere, such as FF.net or AoA, until after the contest is over. Once the submission deadline hits, it's free game for where the story can go.

Good luck authors! Can we get 5+ submissions? :D
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #39! [Reboot!]

Postby FlipMode » January 29th, 2018, 12:35 pm

[quote] His delay in getting them in to me also caused the wait compared to being able to start this past Friday like I wanted to. I hold no responsibilities for letters of complaint sent to him.[/quote]

Oh that crazy Azdgari. I think I would have been more surprised if the contest had actually started on the day it was going to.

Well I have the free time and have an idea forming. I'm optimistic.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » January 29th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Well, I was planning on submitting something, but I’m having a little trouble thinking straight from underneath this bus DG just threw me under.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » January 30th, 2018, 4:39 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Well, I was planning on submitting something, but I’m having a little trouble thinking straight from underneath this bus DG just threw me under.[/quote]

Then I guess you will simply have to think bent and then write something. Be glad it was only a bus and not something bitter. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » February 4th, 2018, 7:12 am

One week left after tomorrow ends! Hope those stories are coming in!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » February 4th, 2018, 4:13 pm

I’m halfway there!
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » February 4th, 2018, 8:10 pm

I ermmmmm....
So guys how about that new lion guard episode, huh?!
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » February 10th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Heads up: Two days left!

...And zero submissions so far.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Azdgari » February 10th, 2018, 4:53 pm

I’ll make it in time. :playful:
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby FlipMode » February 10th, 2018, 10:54 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Heads up: Two days left!

...And zero submissions so far.[/quote]

I thought we had until the 18th?
FlipMode

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest