MLK Writing Contest #37!

MLK Writing Contest #37!

Postby DGFone » August 9th, 2016, 6:31 am

Well... it has certainly been a while. However, rather than let that hamper progress, let's simply continue moving forwards once more! It anything, it was rather convenient that I left for vacation/started a new job right at the end of a contest rather than in the middle of one because despite the long break, we are able to jump right into another writing round rather than having to deal with closing up a previous round. So after close to three months of no updates, here are the new prompts for the latest round of MLK's writing contest:

Origins of The Lion Guard
Scar seeking redemption
If Mufasa Survived the Stampede
Historical AU

The writing time limit will be two weeks, ending on Monday, August 22nd. Once you are done writing your story, send it to me in a PM either as embedded text or as an attachment. I won't look at it until I create the voting round, so you don't have to worry about me reading them early. You can also re-submit edits for as long as you like until the deadline limit.

Standard rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Good luck everyone! Let's get back into the game!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #37!

Postby Gemini » August 9th, 2016, 6:38 am

Wooooo! It exists! :D

I haven't written anything on topic in months but I mean... hmmm... I really should.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ninaroja » August 17th, 2016, 5:52 pm

IT LIVES

Well, I'll still be away on the 22nd, so I may not have time to enter, but if I do I will certainly try :)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » August 21st, 2016, 5:48 pm

Well, tomorrow is the deadline, and I have currently...

0 submissions.

Obviously, I can't exactly have a contest with this amount, so try and get something in. I can always extend the deadline if I have to, but only request an extension if it means that you will be certain to deliver a story in.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » September 3rd, 2016, 4:20 am

If you're still waiting for entries, I can get something in by this time next week.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » September 4th, 2016, 2:21 am

Still have no entries. I can wait for yours to come in. :D
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » September 12th, 2016, 3:22 am

I have a submission in, as well as some news of a delay: I am currently away on a (prolonged) buisness trip, so I am not exactly sure when I will be able to post a voting round. Hopefully, since there are no more planned weekend work days, I will be able to do so in a week or so. Until then: still time to write!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to MLK Writing Contest