MLK Writing Contest #36!

MLK Writing Contest #36!

Postby DGFone » January 26th, 2016, 10:29 pm

I know that we didn't have a writing contest recently because I was on vacation, but now that I am back, it is time to get writing once more! Let's skip the chatter and get to the chase then, shall we? Here are the following prompts for the next writing contest:

Endless Night
Ahadi and Uru
Scar's Lion Guard
Jasiri

I will accept submissions until Sunday, February 14th! This gives you lot a little over two weeks to write the stories.

Standard rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Have fun and enjoy writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #36!

Postby Gyramuur » January 30th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Neat, I might give this a go. :)
Gyramuur

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Gemini » January 30th, 2016, 11:37 pm

I feel like I never see these threads until it's too late, lol. Good thing I caught this.

I haven't really written TLK much in a long time but I should try to enter again one of these days.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » February 11th, 2016, 3:39 am

Just a reminder that submissions end this Sunday!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » February 11th, 2016, 4:30 am

I was actually just gonna post on this thread. I had a story I was typing up for the contest... but I dunno if I'll enter though. :innocent:

Have you gotten any submissions yet?
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby Gyramuur » February 11th, 2016, 2:46 pm

I have a story I wrote that's basically done, but I'm not sure if I'm digging it. I might submit it as is or try writing something else; we'll see.
Gyramuur

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby DGFone » February 11th, 2016, 6:15 pm

No, I didn't get any submissions in yet. I might even try writing one myself tomorrow, but since I will be at work for all day, it's unlikely.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » February 11th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Writing has become difficult for me and I didn't get any ideas from these prompts, so unfortunately I can't be of assistance this time. :/
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » February 11th, 2016, 9:49 pm

I actually have something written, I'm just still working on editing it and stuff :) I'll probably submit it around as late as the 14th because I have nothing else to do on Valentine's Day.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Gemini » February 11th, 2016, 9:50 pm

Okay, I just read over the thing I randomly wrote last night and it's actually not too shabby, just needs some polishing. It's only 200-300 words or something at this point but I might be able to get a decent story out of it. :highfive:
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest