MLK Writing Contest #34!

MLK Writing Contest #34!

Postby DGFone » August 3rd, 2015, 8:15 am

To explain the rather long wait this time around for the writing contest: I was at a loss for good topics. After running the writing contest for 31 rounds ( *pauses to gawk at the number), I have realized today that it wasn't I who ran out of ideas for prompts: I was looking for them in too narrow of a window. So with that realization in mind, here is the new writing contest:

Not One of Us
Kopa
Life after the Outlander-Pridelander Civil War

I will accept submissions until Monday, August 17th! Although realistically, you know that I will accept the, until whenever I will actually post the voting round. The 25th is the day that I am hoping I will do that, though, so don't rely on me being late.

Standard rules: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Have fun and get writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #34!

Postby Carl » August 3rd, 2015, 5:25 pm

Alright. I've had an idea for a while that I can adapt for one of these prompts. Expect my story within a couple of days.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby lionobsession » August 9th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Hmm... Broad topics! I think I'll have fun with one of those...
lionobsession

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby DGFone » August 15th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Just a heads up that the deadline is in two days!

I have one submission in so far!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » August 17th, 2015, 9:43 am

Oh my god this is today I totally forgot. You still only got one submission in?
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Yumacub » August 17th, 2015, 10:16 am

Welp can't join now but maybe next time! xP
ImageImage
Yumacub
Queen of the Wildlands~

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Love is what it's all about! <3

Nickname(s): Yumi Yuma YC
Pride Points: 8

Postby lionobsession » August 17th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I would have entered but I am actually writing a novel at the moment and it is the only thing I can concentrate on.
lionobsession

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby DGFone » August 17th, 2015, 5:49 pm

Still only one submission in. I can extend the deadline if I need to.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » August 29th, 2015, 5:54 am

Seriously, no one else has entered yet?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Gemini » August 29th, 2015, 6:16 am

I just helped save the OTWC - I can try to save this one if need be. Just let me know. I like the new prompt format, btw.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest