MLK Writing Contest #13

MLK Writing Contest #13

Postby DGFone » November 13th, 2012, 8:53 am

Man, I still remember when the whole idea for the writing contest was still on the drawing board. Can you believe that it lasted this long? To think that it lasted close to a year and a half, granted, with a long period where it was on hiatus, but still: quite a long time, no? With no more hesitation here are the four prompts that you guys can choose to write on:

How Zira 'met' Scar
The hyenas' perspective of Simba's return
Uncle Max being led to the jungle
The Elephant Graveyard Scene from Mufasa's perspective

You guys will have until Monday, November 26th to submit your entries to me. I will accept most word document formats (I will inform you if there will be some problems), as well as the story in a spoiler box within a PM.

The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words . However, there is also now a minimum requirement of 1000 words as well. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously. Don't vote for yourself, and don't ask others to vote for your story either.

The winner will get a special banner made by me, and will be able to create a prompt for others to write on in the next writing contest.

Have fun writing the stories, and good luck!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #13

Postby DGFone » November 18th, 2012, 9:21 pm

One week to submit your stories!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » November 23rd, 2012, 8:57 am

About 4 days left, and I have 1 submission so far.

According to Apollo 13, the number 13 is not good, and I can look forward to a bad contest, but I hope that we can overcome silly superstition and still have a great contest with more entries. ;)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » November 23rd, 2012, 9:41 am

i'll join, i have too much free time on my hands now.
Last edited by Kitva Hyperlink on November 23rd, 2012, 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » November 23rd, 2012, 10:15 am

[quote="Kitva Hyperlink"]i'll join, i have too much free time on my hands now.[/quote]

That'll be nice! The more submissions the better. :)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » November 23rd, 2012, 12:25 pm

my story has now reached the word limit, I just need to finish it now. I am only at the climax at the moment.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Postby DGFone » November 23rd, 2012, 10:17 pm

[quote="Kitva Hyperlink"]my story has now reached the word limit[/quote]

You've already reached 4000 words? :lol:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » November 24th, 2012, 2:38 am

No i mean the minimum limit.
EDIT: I have worded that wrong haven't i?
I have already reached the requirement, now i just need to finish it.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Postby Scars Mate » November 24th, 2012, 9:59 am

So we just PM the entry to you?
EDIT: probably wont be able to get mine to you on time... I'll try :)

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby DGFone » November 24th, 2012, 10:19 am

[quote="UruSarabiNala"]So we just PM the entry to you?
EDIT: probably wont be able to get mine to you on time... I'll try :)[/quote]

Yeah, just PM it to me when you're ready in whatever format you want. The easiest for me is when you edit the story into BBcode (so that I don't have to do anything), but I usually get a story or two that is given to me in a word or text file that I then transfer into BBcode, and I am fine by that as well.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest