MLK Writing Contest #9!

MLK Writing Contest #9!

Postby DGFone » July 23rd, 2012, 8:07 am

The resting period is over, and it's time to get cracking again, because the writing contest is here! For the next two weeks, write a short story on one of these following prompts:

Simba's non-lion friend or friends
Nala leaving in search of help
Timon and Pumbaa before Simba
An alternate plan to get Kovu inside Pride Rock (not a fire)

You guys have until Sunday, August 5th to write your stories. When you have your submission finished, PM it to me. I accept both text files (I prefer OpenOffice .odt format, but MS Word .doc also works) and stories embedded into the PM inside a spoiler box.

Word length: Please limit the word length to around 2000 words. You may go a bit over, but remember that people will read your story, as well all the others, so it will only be respectful to keep the length tasteful. Shorter stories are also welcome. The usual writing rules apply: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously.
You may resubmit a story, but only if it's done before the deadline. If you resubmit, please PM me with it as though it were a first submission, but tell me that you are resubmitting, and give the file-name some sort of marker to show that it's not a first submission. (Example: storyV2.txt) You may post questions or comments in this topic.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #9!

Postby DGFone » August 1st, 2012, 6:42 pm

Bumping the topic shamelessly. There is less then a week left, and I don't have any submissions yet. :sad:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 5th, 2012, 5:50 am

OK, would you like me to join?
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » August 5th, 2012, 5:55 am

Sure! The more entries people submit, the better each contest is!

So far, I only have one entry, and there is only one day left. I would love it if more people would write something. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 5th, 2012, 7:36 am

Oki, i have finish my entry. lol, hopefully its good.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby DGFone » August 5th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Just a heads up: Today is the last day to get your stories in!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to MLK Writing Contest