MLK Writing Contest #7!

MLK Writing Contest #7!

Postby DGFone » May 26th, 2012, 8:25 am

It's that time again! Time to start writing, because MLK's writing contest is back! For just over two weeks, you will be able to write anything you want about these following topics:

Timon and Pumbaa as parents to Simba.
What if Kovu and Kiara left the prides divided?
The lionesses rebel against Scar before getting outside help
The Lion King... in space.

I know that normally, I would have created this after another two days, but I grew impatient. Therefore you guys will get an additional two days to write, which I am sure, you consider a good thing. Therefore, the contest will still end on Sunday, June 10th!

Rules: Try to keep the story to under 2000 words. With the previous, there were three stories that were just above this limit, but everything turned out alright. But while 2000 words is your target limit, I will not allow anything above 2100 words. The stories must be PG-13 and follow all MLK rules. The stories also need to be original works created specifically for this contest, please don't submit anything that coincidentally happens to fit that you wrote before, and please don't steal other's work. That's just rude.

But enough with the rules! I really loved how with contest six, we got a higher number of stories than the previous few stories, and I do sure hope that we will see an equal, if not greater amount of submissions for this contest. As usual, the winner will get a special banner made by me that they will get to display for all to see, and they will be able to create a prompt for other to wrote for on the next contest.

Good luck to everyone, have a great time, enjoy writing the stories, and enjoy reading the others!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #7!

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » May 26th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Damn it, DG! You always got good ones! LOL!!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby cleargreenwater » May 26th, 2012, 6:37 pm

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]Damn it, DG! You always got good ones! LOL!![/quote]

I know, I keep waiting for a boring set to come up.... :lol:
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » May 26th, 2012, 6:59 pm

^It's because I have another one set up and I planned to do it but now I guess I will have to push it back. LOL! I don't like being rushed when I write as I like having the time to concoct something.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » May 27th, 2012, 4:11 am

[quote="cleargreenwater"]
I know, I keep waiting for a boring set to come up.... :lol:[/quote]

Well, I can always make a boring set for you guys if you want. Wait, I mean... Do you know how hard it will be to make a boring set? I think I will give this idea a pass. XD
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » May 28th, 2012, 12:29 am

I'm going to enter this one! I'm gonna get started really soon.

Just to make sure I didn't confuse this with something else, we PM you with our stories, right?
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » May 28th, 2012, 12:48 am

Yeah. When you finish the story, just send me a PM with it. I prefer it when you simply attach the story as a word document, but I accept the story as text in the PM as well.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » May 28th, 2012, 12:51 am

Ok, great. What's the best file type for sending it as an attachment?
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby DGFone » May 28th, 2012, 1:06 am

Whatever you want. I use OpenOffice as my document reader, so there will be a few glitches when reading Word .doc files, but basically, if you can write in it, I can read it.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » May 28th, 2012, 1:09 am

okie dokie. I'll send it to you when it's done.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest