Disney+

Disney+

Postby Stormy » September 15th, 2020, 7:16 pm

I didn’t want to have to create a separate thing for a every Disney+ related topic, so I’ll just put this here.

I’m hearing “SOUL”, a Pixar film that was supposed to be released theatrically, is being more and more considered to be slapped onto Disney+. Anyone else hearing this? Was anyone planning on seeing this movie originally when it was announced?

Wondering how many films they’ll consider putting on Disney+ that were meant to be theatrical.
They claimed Mulan was a one and done thing, but I think that’s only for a the extra paid fee. But I doubt that’s true either way.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Re: Disney+

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » September 16th, 2020, 3:42 pm

I've been curious about "Soul" and also "Raya and the Last Dragon", which is finally introducing the Southeast Asian culture to the world. Yes there are talks regarding the shift to Disney+. Looking forward to finding out more news on that.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby TheLionPrince » September 21st, 2020, 8:54 pm

It depends on how well "Mulan" (2020) is doing with their Premiere Access subscription before they move forward with moving "Black Widow" or "Soul" on Disney+. And yes, I had high anticipations to see "Soul" in theaters. I hope it doesn't, though, because movie theaters still need support, but as we are seeing with "Tenet", audiences are not too quick to return back to theaters during this pandemic.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » September 24th, 2020, 6:39 am

Yeah, I feel like it may take a while before people would want to attend packed public places even after the vaccine. "Soul" sounds intriguing.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » October 8th, 2020, 11:23 pm

Soul will be going to straight to Disney+ on December 25th with NO extra charge. Interesting move, but not shocking.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » October 8th, 2020, 11:57 pm

Huh.

I'm watching The Little Mermaid: Ariels beginning for the halibut. They kill off her mom in the first 5 minutes and uh that woman is obviously the villain and possibly ursula before she got thicc.... er.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » October 12th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Disney relying more and more on Disney+ I’m feeling like we’re getting closer and closer to saying RIP theaters.

https://twitter.com/blog_mickey/status/1315750845502365699?s=21

During the investor day, Disney will "present further details of its direct-to-consumer strategies."

Investor day is December 10th.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » October 13th, 2020, 1:24 am

I mean what are they to do? Hold off on releasing movies for months or years, put them in theaters where barely anyone will see them, or try a bold manuever that will fit their digital future?

It might fail and if it does well... Disney will survive and try a new strategy. If it works then great.

I love the theater going experience but understand why it is a thing of the past mainly used for blockbusters these days. The theatergoing experience can be unpleasant for many.

Plus theaters were going to either die out or become a niche market eventually. People don't want a blockbuster video store, they want netflix. They don't want physical media. They want convenience. And it isn't like the 80's or 90's where the home experience was a massive downgrade.

Etc

Disney is likely extremely grateful they got out Disney+ before covid.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionIsGay » October 14th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Very annoying, especially since my country is covid-free and our cinemas are dying for some big hits to bring in some money. I will still not be purchasing a Disney+ account of my own, I will simply borrow a family members account for as long as it takes to watch this movie.
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to The Den