Disney's never ending live-action remakes

Re: Disney's never ending live-action remakes

Postby Elton John » August 13th, 2020, 7:04 pm

assuming disney uses the same visual style as before that would cut down on pre production time and costs (they would tweak a few things here and there) and considering disney just spent what im assuming is tens of millions on black is king (seriously, it has insane production values and movie-like cinematography). So Disney seems to be courting Beyonce like how they made friendly with lin manuel miranda. I mean they gave beyonce her own song in the movie, two seperate albums tied to the remake and an expensive visual version of that album.

If they get Beyonce back for a tlk2 remake they will likely expand Nalas role past... the 3 minutes she was in tlk2 so that is a plus?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » August 14th, 2020, 9:18 am

Fans just assume this is going to happen, given how well the first one did. I'd go see a remake of Lion King 2 there is far more lore for them to work with now. Although it would also urk me that a remake of a move I felt deserved a Theatrical release, got the Theatrical release the original did not.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » August 15th, 2020, 6:28 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Although it would also urk me that a remake of a move I felt deserved a Theatrical release, got the Theatrical release the original did not.[/quote]

I feel the same way. TLK2 was the most successful Disney sequel in a time where sequels went direct to dvd. Imagine if it was given the big screen treatment.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasGuard » August 16th, 2020, 5:55 am

@Elton John: More Nala for Lion King 2 would be a very good thing.

@MeerhatOnTheMoon: Yeah it "might" not have been seen as a cash grab.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » August 16th, 2020, 6:28 am

Yeah I’d be shocked if Nala wasn’t given more screen time with Beyonce voicing her. Seems almost a given that they would.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Stormy » August 30th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Forgot to put this here, but Mulan will become free to ALL Disney+ subscribers on December 4th.

Probably wasn't the smartest decision to say that before they even released it, as now people will definitely wait.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Timon the great » August 31st, 2020, 6:50 am

^ I figured that's what that "Premier Access" release on SEPtember 4th was about when I started seeing the front page ads for that on YouTube about a month ago. It was probably only going to be available to the higher paying subscribers next month. Though I don't use Disney's streaming service nor would I pay the money for it just to see certain (older) movies I like as there's many other options out there to do that.

On the flip side to all this though, all the movie theaters in my city opened back up just last week (only 50% capacity probably though due to state regulations). So it means that things are getting closer to normal as far as stuff like this is concerned out there.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » August 31st, 2020, 3:34 pm

Minimal capacity seems to be the norm everywhere now, given there's no vaccine yet.

We will be getting Disney+ in a week where I'm at. Super excited.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Timon the great » September 2nd, 2020, 5:42 am

^ Well 50% capacity isn't minimal lol. The main change that I've been seeing here is maintaining at least a 6 ft. distance from each other or party in these public places (including restaurants that are also all open here now). So people aren't being seated right next to each other like they were before. I haven't gone to a movie theater yet since this covid stuff started back in March. But frankly, I've been liking this more lately because it's definitely been preventing overcrowding in these places that's usually the case especially right now during the typically very active summer months of vacationing. Which some of that has still been going on here despite the ongoing "pandemic".

Also, I thought you already had Disney+ based on your other replies in this topic... What happened there :eek2: xd
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » September 3rd, 2020, 7:41 am

[quote="Stormy"]Forgot to put this here, but Mulan will become free to ALL Disney+ subscribers on December 4th.

Probably wasn't the smartest decision to say that before they even released it, as now people will definitely wait.[/quote]

Well I know I can easily wait that long, but I would not be surprised if a lot of People who are eager to see that movie were willing to pay to get it 3 months ahead of time.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Den