Disney's never ending live-action remakes

Re: Disney's never ending live-action remakes

Postby Elton John » May 27th, 2020, 12:29 am

Snow White has not been confirmed. A lot of the “Marc Webb is directing a Snow White remake” articles i’ve seen said filming was going to start this spring but if that was in any way true they would have made casting decisions over a year ago.

Tom Holland isn’t starring in a Treasure Planet remake.

The Bambi remake, Robin Hood remake, Lilo and Stitch, and most of the others were likely made up for easy click money.

The Hercules remake is real as the Russo Bros not so subtly confirmed it. The Little Mermaid remake is real as casting decisions were made.

You know how you can spot a Disney remake that is either in production or preproduction and one a site made up for clicks? The directors behind it, and Disney themselves.

In other words, don’t instantly believe everything you read on the internet.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » May 27th, 2020, 12:43 am

I’ve yet to see anything about Treasure Planet. I’ve only mentioned Lilo & Stitch a lot because over the past few years it was always discussed, and just a few months ago I saw waves of sources saying that it was on the table.

I’ve seen things about Bambi, but haven’t really paid any attention to it because I find Bambi extremely boring and really don’t care about a remake for that movie.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » May 27th, 2020, 2:14 pm

I love "Bambi". It's a rather heavy movie but I enjoy the theme. I remember reading about The Lion King animators drawing inspiration from Bambi for the background animation style and also the tone. Some of the cast and crew have talked about the scene of Mufasa's death being similar to that of Bambi's mother.

Wonder what Stitch will look like too if a remake happens lol.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Timon the great » June 8th, 2020, 11:19 am

Since this topic seems to also be a place to discuss Disney CGI/live action remakes in general, I personally very much despise Disney's ultimate decision to remake their 2D films especially Lion King, despite that CGI and live action films have always been making them more revenue overall.

2D artwork (even in its most simplistic form or very cartoony styles on characters) is wayyyy more imaginative than anything CGI can ever be in my view. And as a digital character fan artist, I appreciate the medium so much more now and considering also that it's dead in mainstream when it comes to films. Though it seems that pretty much the entire world now thinks the exact opposite about 2D media of what I'm saying about it here, because recently (outside of Disney), Don Bluth wanted to make a 2D film of his 80s video game called 'Dragon's Lair'. It was in planning over the last couple of years, but then it was recently announced this year in 2020 that he decided to go CGI. Likely because he knew it wouldn't get made by a studio if he had originally stuck to the 2D style the original game had (and 2D supporters out there weren't too happy about the CGI decision and neither was I).
So this current example in itself I think, tells a lot about how the world now views the hand drawn medium as a whole.

Either way, Disney remake discussions aren't anything new anymore. But long story short, as long as Disney keeps meeting quota with their remakes, they're not going to change their plan of action here or consider 2D films again unless their remake and even general CGI/live action revenue (miraculously) dwindles. Maybe one day.., it'll happen. But unfortunately for me, 'doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon based on the way things have been going.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Stormy » July 8th, 2020, 3:36 am

Seeing reports of (yet another) Peter Pan remake.

While this is not the only source I've seen, I've just picked this to put here as it has already seemed to confirm a part of the cast for the movie.
Jude Law as Captain Hook in "Peter Pan & Wendy": https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1280664417517125632?s=20

This might be old news, not sure. But I'm just finding out about it.

"'Pete's Dragon' helmer David Lowery will direct": https://twitter.com/THR/status/1280677008624758786?s=20

Again I'm not sure how viable these sources are I'm just putting them here. (These twitter links do lead to articles, btw. I should've just linked the articles but it was an after thought.)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby DGFone » July 8th, 2020, 4:16 am

I forgot how much into the video it was, but I think it was very close to the beginning that this video started mentioning all of the existing and upcoming remakes.
... There's a lot. Too many. And while I did enjoy seeing the remake of The Lion King, it really doesn't hold a candle to the original, and the video does summarize a lot of my thoughts about it as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvxy4djVUk
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » July 9th, 2020, 7:25 am

Wishful thinking on my part, I wonder if that Hercules remake will be a prequel of sorts about The Marvel Version of Hercules?

I liked The Lion King Remake, but it definitely lacked The Heart of The Original.

I also prefer 2D over 3D no matter how good the Photo Realistic graphics are.

I also hope for an actual sequel to Lion King 2. I loved the look of The Post Lion King 2 world we were given at the end of The Lion Guard. (I so want to see Kion with a full mane. At least something close to what Adult Kovu has).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Stormy » July 23rd, 2020, 10:29 pm

Not any surprise by this point, but, as theaters remain closed Mulan has now been delayed indefinitely.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 24th, 2020, 7:51 am

Yeah. It seems like we are going to wait a little bit longer for it, since they wanted it to be a theatrical release.

For Hercules, I hope it is still the musical. The soul music help made it stand out in the Disney verse. x
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » July 25th, 2020, 5:34 am

[quote="MeerkatOnTheMoon"]. For Hercules, I hope it is still the musical. The soul music help made it stand out in the Disney verse. x[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I did hear Russos was going to keep the songs. Will have to double check when I get the chance.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

PreviousNext

Return to The Den