Sigh. The She-Hulk Disney+ series and peoole who don’t read

Sigh. The She-Hulk Disney+ series and peoole who don’t read

Postby Elton John » September 15th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Comic books.

At D23 this year a She-Hulk series was announced for Disney+. Little details of it are known other than the logo and it will tie directly into the movies.

I was ecstatic. I had wanted for years for Jennifer Walters (Bruce Banners cousin) to enter the MCU. Due to Universal owning solo Hulk film rights and the strange abscence of Betty Ross post incredible hulk and Thunderbolt Ross showing up for the first time in 8 years captain america civil war I had given up on seeing the character live.

When this was announced many saw it as a cynical move by marvel and disney... a female hulk? except she has been an established and beloved comic character since the 80’s with similarities to her cousin but differences too.

Obvious difference is being a lady. she’s also a lawyer. She loves being the hulk, bruce fears it. She’s more in direct control of her powers. bruce gets stronger as he gets angrier she gets stronger the more she gets scared.

Also the Ms Marvel Disney+ series. Ms Marvel is a relatively new character but a very popular one. An a Pakistani muslim, an Inhuman, her powers are a bit like Mr Fantastic from the Fantastic Four and while she doesnt have her own movie yet she will probably be in Captain Marvel 2 and also get her own movie.

Then there is the Moon Knight D+ series which I have no clue what to expect. Also a Power Pack D+ series was announced but it is unknown if Marvel Studios is handling it or if it is something like Big Hero 6, another Marvel property.

I guess my point is im annoyed at people who think this is a cynical cash grab by Disney. I mean sure, the character itself was originally created as a cynical cash grab due to the hulk tv show license and shows like the 6 million dollar man and bionic woman but since then the character is very beloved and worthy of her own series, being in the movies and i hope her own movie one day.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Sigh. The She-Hulk Disney+ series and peoole who don’t r

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 17th, 2019, 3:03 am

The controversy that I read surrounding this was changing her origin. From what I understand about the character, she is Bruce's cousin but there has been some talks (don't quote me) about how TPTB want to change her origin so that she is not related to Bruce. They want to make it so that she has no connection to a male character.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » September 17th, 2019, 3:15 pm

I have heard nothing about that.

But I have seen people angry at how she exists, thinking she is some new character.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:14 am

peoole
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Return to The Den