Your vehicle(s)

Your vehicle(s)

Postby juhouh » August 20th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Hello MLK,

Long time no see. I decided to make a thread about vehicles because I haven't seen one yet. So what kind of vehicles do people have here on MLK?

I've got an old Chrysler Sebring '03 (afaik it's eu version of Dodge Stratus). About 130k miles. Despite Finland being quite wealthy country we still drive the oldest cars in Europe
Attachments
20180820_173354.jpg
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Re: Your vehicle(s)

Postby Regulus » August 20th, 2018, 9:10 pm

I have a car to drive, but it's not really my car as I can't afford to own one.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Gemini » August 21st, 2018, 1:48 am

[quote="juhouh"]Despite Finland being quite wealthy country we still drive the oldest cars in Europe[/quote]

My first car was a 2001 two-door Pontiac and I was driving that from 2015-2017. One radio station, no car charger, no air conditioning. Also overheated often. I call it the Jankmobile now when I look back lol. The other cars I drove when I still lived with my dad and was learning were from 2004 and 1998 so they were also well-used. In fact, I don't know that I've ever driven anything newer than the mid-2000s.

Right now though I have a 2004 little Ford Ranger pickup and it feels much sturdier by comparison. One day I want to upgrade to a larger, manual-transmission truck so I can eventually buy and haul a horse trailer, but that's several years down the line I think right now so who knows. I'm pretty happy with what I have at the moment.

I guess my other "vehicle" would be my bike. Pretty standard fare and I really only use it to get on campus these days.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby HasiraKali » August 22nd, 2018, 2:24 am

I drive a Mini Cooper Hardtop. I love it.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Littlefoot » August 22nd, 2018, 4:09 pm

I’m currently learning how to drive in my mother’s 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback. It has a five speed stick and is very fun to drive. It’s all in all a great car and I really like it. My mother is actually thinking of giving it to me when she can get herself a newer Subaru. :) My only gripe with it is that, because it’s black, it gets really hot, especially since I live in the American Southwest, which is known for getting pretty hot.
"I paid, but it's not slippery road surface. Finally, I was a taxi!" :sinister:
Balto forum: http://baltofanclub.proboards.com/
Land Before Time forum: http://www.gangoffive.net/
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It whispers, so listen closely

Location: Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO
Nickname(s): LF, Shane
Pride Points: 7

Postby FlipMode » August 23rd, 2018, 2:05 am

ya mum

I've played way too many videogames to ever really be allowed behind the wheel of a car IRL.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » August 24th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Never owned one in my life. Although now I just bird around nonstop, and I'm a total menace. Absolutely yardsaled this five year old the other day.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Kiana » August 25th, 2018, 3:05 am

I currently drive a 1996 Ford Ranger, green, which is almost paid off! hurray! It's a summer vehicle though, so for winter, I'm driving one of my dad's plow trucks. So I get to drive a plow truck to school this winter, so yeah that's going to be interesting.

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby DGFone » August 29th, 2018, 3:18 am

As a running theme on this thread, I also drive a vehicle that used to belong to my parents - a Silver 2006 Saturn Vue. Unfortunately, while it still runs great, the winters here are too harsh for it (it doesn't have 4 wheel drive, for one thing), so we are selling it. The check from a buyer just arrived today.

I will miss this car. :cry:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » September 28th, 2018, 7:21 pm

I also drove a vehicle that was driven by my mother - a 1999 Toyota Camry. Unfortunately, in June 2017, it broke down in a neighborhood while I was on my way to my summer classes on the first day of the summer semester. Ultimately, I felt it was too costly to take to a car mechanic and the possibility of having it break down me again. A year later, I placed a down payment on a used 2017 Chevrolet Cruze LT in Arctic Blue. A month later, my father and I pulled the Camry to a used auto parts store.

Here's the only picture of them together:
IMG_0172.jpg
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Next

Return to The Den