Your Favorite Don Bluth film

Your Favorite Don Bluth film

Postby PridelandsPhantom » May 28th, 2018, 3:43 am

I know a lot of people consider all Bluth films or at least the majority of his films nightmare fuel. I actually like Bluth's style quite a bit. My favorite is All Dogs Go to Heaven. I have always been a huge animal lover, especially dogs and as horrible as Charlie is at the beginning of the film he redeems himself at the end, I like the original Land Before Time a lot, after that the sequels got ridiculous.

I watched the lost footage of Charlie's journey to hell and boy it's intense! I'm almost 32 and it scared me for like two days!
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Re: Your Favorite Don Bluth film

Postby Littlefoot » May 28th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Anyone want to try and guess what mine is? :P
"I paid, but it's not slippery road surface. Finally, I was a taxi!" :sinister:
Balto forum: http://baltofanclub.proboards.com/
Land Before Time forum: http://www.gangoffive.net/
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It whispers, so listen closely

Location: Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO
Nickname(s): LF, Shane
Pride Points: 7

Postby Sigurd » May 28th, 2018, 5:57 pm

My favorite is The Secret Of Nimh, but the one I have most nostalgic feelings about is The Land Before Time
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby TheLionPrince » May 28th, 2018, 6:09 pm

My favorite is The Secret of NIMH.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby WildSimba » May 28th, 2018, 6:22 pm

Secret of NIMH is pretty much definitively Bluth's masterpiece, but I love pretty much everything from 80's Bluth. A also am very nostalgic for Land Before Time, however, the film is a LITTLE bit spoiled in my mind knowing what happened to the little girl that played Ducky. :sad:
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SimbasGuard » June 4th, 2018, 8:41 am

All Dogs Go To Heaven is my favorite.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panda-chan » June 4th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Secret of NIMH is my absolute favorite, but I also adore The Land Before Time, An American Tail, and Anastasia.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Littlefoot » June 7th, 2018, 4:37 am

[quote="WildSimba"]A also am very nostalgic for Land Before Time, however, the film is a LITTLE bit spoiled in my mind knowing what happened to the little girl that played Ducky. :sad:[/quote]
Yeah, if anyone doesn't know about what happened to Ducky's voice actress (who also played Annemarie in All Dogs Go To Heaven, btw), I, as someone who learned about that when I first got back into LBT last year, really think it's for the better that you don't know. You can look it up if you must know, but don't say I told you to. :sad:
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO

Postby PridelandsPhantom » June 8th, 2018, 9:13 pm

*Judith Barsai info removed*

I forgot Anastasia which I always liked. My favorite song is Once Upon a December. I am not that fussed bout historical accuracy as it's not meant to be a documentary but more a fantasy. I always got a bit of an eww/freaked out moment of Rasputin's death :nukaeww: I appreciate it really as the last Bluth film now. I like NIHM but could not watch it when I was younger for many reasons. First of all, I hate animal abuse and it's still hard to watch the injection scenes in that film. Second, the Great Owl and Nicodemus's glowing red eyes. Now I find the technique cool, but when I was younger it freaked me out.

I also like the extended All Dogs scene of Charlie's trip to hell. I'm in my thirties and this kept me up for two nights with a night light, so I get it being cut, but still amazing. There is supposed to be cut Land Before Time footage which I would like to see if it ever surfaces.
Last edited by PridelandsPhantom on June 9th, 2018, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Littlefoot » June 9th, 2018, 5:49 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]*Judith Barsai info removed* (quote edited by Littlefoot to reflect edit of original post)[/quote]
Umm, does "I think it's for the better if anyone doesn't know" mean nothing to you?! :x

EDIT: I was actually being a little bit facetious with that comment I made. That being said, I do think it's for the better if anyone doesn't know, so if you want to know what happened to Judith Barsi, you can look it up, as I won't tell you.

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I forgot Anastasia which I always liked. My favorite song is Once Upon a December. I am not that fussed bout historical accuracy as it's not meant to be a documentary but more a fantasy.[/quote]
I haven't seen that one in a while, but that's a great one! I think if I was a stickler for accuracy, I wouldn't like half the animated movies that I do (TLK, TLBT, Pocahontas, and Balto come to mind as well).

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I like NIHM but could not watch it when I was younger for many reasons. First of all, I hate animal abuse and it's still hard to watch the injection scenes in that film. Second, the Great Owl and Nicodemus's glowing red eyes. Now I find the technique cool, but when I was younger it freaked me out.[/quote]
I'm 19 and I legit have never seen Secret of NIMH!! It is on my list of movies to watch soon, though, as it does look pretty good. I actually saw Balto for the very first time a few months ago, so go figure.

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I also like the extended All Dogs scene of Charlie's trip to hell. I'm in my thirties and this kept me up for two nights with a night light, so I get it being cut, but still amazing.[/quote]
I would love to see that! Could you send me a link?

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]There is supposed to be cut Land Before Time footage which I would like to see if it ever surfaces.[/quote]
Not surprisingly, that's actually a rather hot topic in the LBT fandom. There actually is about 10 minutes worth of fully produced footage that was cut!!! I obviously would love to see it too, but I think the chances of it surfacing anytime soon are slim to none, although the uncut script was recently found (I've yet to get around to reading it, though :P ).

Here are links to some threads on an LBT forum with information on the cut scenes (I'm known there as Littlefoot505, just so you guys know, and yes, I'm a moderator there):
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15912.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15588.0
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=1300.0
Last edited by Littlefoot on June 25th, 2018, 6:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Next

Return to The Den