Enya

Enya

Postby ScarHades » May 24th, 2016, 11:07 am

My mother loves her and she bought the Paint The Sky With Stars: The Best Of Enya album on cassette in 2000 because of this and we listened to it in the car several times during our trips out from then onwards and of course, I had to put up with it and I started to like most of the songs on this album having listening to them for goodness knows how many times in the car on our trips out, mostly when we were on holiday and then a few years later, my mother grew more interested in CD's than cassettes and so, she gave this album for me to keep as she knew I began to like most of the songs on it and that I like having cassettes in my collection and so, I have kept this album from then on. I have been listening to all the songs on this album on both sides of the cassette several times these past few weeks and I'm now familiar with all the songs on it and my top 5 favourite songs by her are:

1 Caribbean Blue
2 Paint The Sky With Stars
3 The Celts
4 Storms In Africa
5 Boadicea

And my top 5 least favourites by her are:

1 Only If...
2 Book Of Days
3 Anywhere Is
4 Orinoco Flow
5 Ebudae

I myself don't like her much and wouldn't want to meet her after seeing images of her on Google but my mother still loves her to this day after I asked her this week and she replied that she did, but said she still prefers having CD's than cassettes and is happy for me to keep the album as mentioned. She did get the new album Dark Sky Island from her on CD and we've listened to it once in the car whilst she took me for a trip out but I'm not familiar with all the songs on it yet.

She was born in Gweedore in County Donegal in Irish on 17th May 1961 into an all Irish-speaking and musical family and was the 6th of nine children. her father was the leader of the Slieve Foy Band before opening a pub, and her mother played in a dance band and later taught music at Pobalscoil Ghaoth Dobhair. She is number 95 in the Sunday Times Rich List 2006 of the 250 Wealthiest Irish People and she loves cats and said in an interview published in 1988 "I love cats; at one stage I had 12. It was just bliss. They'd all lie around in the sun and then come up and climb around my neck." Recently, I learned that she's been single all her life and has never been a mother, nor had any dates with any man and I felt quite surprised at that. But then I reckon that may be the same for me as I've been single all my life and don't have any children, nor have dated any woman and her hobbies include watching romantic black and white films, collecting artwork, reading, and watercolour painting and her favourite classical composer is Sergei Rachmaninoff. All this and several other facts on her life come from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enya
Last edited by ScarHades on May 27th, 2016, 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Enya

Postby Squeely » May 24th, 2016, 11:07 pm

We have the same favorite Enya song! Haha.

I've loved her music since I was 12 :)
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby moonsugar33 » June 20th, 2016, 6:24 am

Enya was a pretty big staple in my household too, I'm sure we have at least three albums. I don't listen to them much these days, but that's only because I don't want to wear them out- when I listen to them I'm still transported back to a time when everything was safe and happy. I like that about music. Loreena McKennit is a related artist who I adore to pieces, also; especially the album The Book of Secrets.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Sigurd » January 8th, 2017, 4:11 pm

I like her, but I mostly listen to other similar music like Era and Gregorian
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 9th, 2017, 1:16 am

She has some good songs, I know her because of an OST she did for Lord of the Rings.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Squeely » January 20th, 2017, 3:50 am

I liked Enya before she worked on the LoTR soundtrack. *Hipster cred intensifies*
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Bunga1973 » March 31st, 2019, 11:04 am

I love both Enya and Era.
Bunga1973

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nostalgia nerd

Pride Points: 1

Postby zerodix » April 6th, 2019, 12:05 pm

carribean blue was a favorite back in the days when i used to draw. so peacefull and calm, helping with concentrate a lot.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:20 am

ouya!
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Return to The Den