[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - POTUS — My Lion King Forum

POTUS

Re: POTUS

Postby Elton John » November 10th, 2016, 3:29 pm

According to Trump climate change is a Chinese hoax. What kinda stupid mental gymnastics have been performed to reach that conclusion?

Either he is pandering to disenfranchised conservatives or is just plain nutty.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 10th, 2016, 3:44 pm

Bahahahah you think with Hillary war would go down? Why?

In fact Trump might even restore relations with Russia and stop the absurd antagonism between Russia and the West.

As for his climate change stance I think he was just pandering to the uneducated. Mostly because I don't want to think he could be this thick.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » November 10th, 2016, 5:55 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]ok, I didnt read every comment but I think Everyone here is not realizing what really happened and forgive me if you already said it, but my mom and my best friend has told me that it was all because not enough people voted, and this is exactly what I feared, when people say to VOTE, there attitude is, either, dont blame me I voted for Hillary, or I will not vote for either one of them, or Oh Hillary is so gonna win I dont need to vote cause my vote wont count.[/quote]
I didn't vote, because I could see bad arguments erupting between my mother and I had I voted for who I wanted (Hillary), and I also didn't want to vote for Trump.

And honestly, I can't help but feel like had I voted for Hillary, it wouldn't have mattered. I live in California, which isn't even close to being a swing state, so had I voted for electoral college officials, it would not have changed the outcome either. The entirety of hell will freeze over before California votes red.

It wasn't the popular vote that got Trump into office, it was the electoral college of states I don't live in.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Claws » November 10th, 2016, 11:57 pm

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368 ... t-100-days

For people who speaks without really knowing, here's Trump's proposals.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Elton John » November 11th, 2016, 12:06 am

Imposing term limits on congress and cleaning up washington sounds fine.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Gemini » November 11th, 2016, 12:30 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]when people say to VOTE, there attitude is, either, dont blame me I voted for Hillary, or I will not vote for either one of them, or Oh Hillary is so gonna win I dont need to vote cause my vote wont count. thats what happened, thats why trump won, and this will a hard lessons to the one who didnt vote or didnt vote right.[/quote]

Honestly I don't feel bad for voting third party and I don't think any of my friends who voted third party feel that bad. I simply couldn't bring myself to vote for either of them in good conscience. In my opinion, Hillary is about as awful as Trump is - she's just not as overt and she's better at hiding it. I think this misled a lot of people as a result.

I understand being concerned for the state of the environment, since my major focuses on livestock production and there's a relation between that and sustainability/etc., but at the end of the day I just don't think that a lot of his more extreme plans will come to fruition. There would be too much resistance. We don't live in Europe, where a majority in Parliament basically ensures that the leading party can draft and pass legislation for as long as that party is cohesive. It doesn't work like that here.

In any case, I'm kind of tired of this attitude of "oh! Go and vote! Go make your voice heard and do your civil duty to America! THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!! ... Oh. Wait. You didn't vote the way I wanted you to?!? Oh no! How dare you! You voted the wrong way!" and etc. It's tiresome and honestly pretty hypocritical. If you want every voice to be heard then you have to deal with the fact that some people will pick someone that you don't want. That's not called voting the wrong way, that's called a functional democracy.

I'm not directing that at you, by the way. Just in general.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 11th, 2016, 12:49 am

Cringe

I just noticed the "didn't vote right" part. Wow... Or maybe more people should stop voting the same crappy sociopathic politicians that pretend to give a crap about all these things instead of everyone being defeatist about it and voting for "the lesser evil" which cares about the populace about as much as the other evil does. Jesus christ, that's how a bad system is enforced...

This isn't meant to be personal but I wish people would stop blaming the third party voters still. :headache:

On those proposals, good luck getting Mexico to pay for that wall. Seriously, they've already said they're never going to if I remember right. Why on earth would they?

Though I actually do agree with him on vetting refugees/immigrants if the country of origin could pose a risk and etc. I don't know why this is considered controversial, we have an issue with terrorism and pretending everything is fine isn't going to make it go away. If the applicants are fine I've no problem with it, why is making sure everything is okay so no more innocent lives are lost bad?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panda-chan » November 11th, 2016, 1:04 am

Last edited by Panda-chan on November 11th, 2016, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Claws » November 11th, 2016, 1:06 am

To be honest, I don't think the wall is happening, maybe some deportations, mostly on people who commits crimes, but I REALLY doubt the congress and the people will leave the wall happen, but yeah it's the most stupid proposal ever
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Regulus » November 11th, 2016, 2:23 am

There are really three things I'm concerned about with Trump:

1. Deregulation in various industries, which could have disastrous results as companies try to cut corners to strengthen their profits.

2. Increased government spending on the military, while giving tax cuts to families and businesses across the board. It isn't wise to count on economic growth--that may or may not happen.

3. Increased dependence on fossil fuels, which we need to be getting away from. Even if you forget about the environment, we won't have coal and oil in a hundred years from now, so our time to transition to renewable fuels is limited.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

PreviousNext

Return to The Den