Understanding a Trilogy

Understanding a Trilogy

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 19th, 2015, 5:53 pm

ok so I wanted someones opinion on this I am going to go see Star wars the force awakens or I have already seen it, and well im no star wars fan so I dont understand the story line what so ever, I am a Kingdom hearts fan and I have been decent about keeping up with the games, BUT as a Kingdom hearts fan I have no idea what going on in the story, but I plan on learning it eventually.

so my question is weather your a fan of a trilogy or not, is it ok to be a fan of something even though you dont understand the story timeline? I feel it wrong not to understand right?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Understanding a Trilogy

Postby Elton John » December 19th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Even a lot of kh fans who have played all the spinoffs and mainline titles can barely understand the story. It's a convoluted mess. It's even worse than metal gear solid because at the very least I understand mgs somewht.

I'm mostly a kh fan because I like the gameplay and the music and enjoy going through my favorite disney worlds.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Tsuki » December 19th, 2015, 11:26 pm

I'm a KH fan but honestly can't remember what has gone in in all the game's :lol:.

Hmmmm.....I'm a big Star Wars fan and I've just seen The Force Awakens. As a fan I'd say watch the main trilogy (New Hope, The Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi) but you don't need to watch them to overly understand what is going on in the film tbh. But I would suggest possibly watching Return of the Jedi just so you have some background history before seeing the latest one :)
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Elton John » December 19th, 2015, 11:29 pm

I'd recommend finding the vhs tapes of the ot... George lucas made a lot of unnecessary changes to the ot with every re-release.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » December 23rd, 2015, 12:41 am

First of, a trilogy is three things, not six+
Secondly, no you don't need to have seen the others. Star Wars is all about setting up a new story but you'll miss out on references and previous character development and attachment for returning ones. Plus some references.

As for Kingdom Hearts, yes you do really. You can play them all on ps3 now with the HD mixes, complete with redone cutscenes and extra scenes that are setting up KH3.
Honestly, KH isn't that hard to follow.The bulk of the story just involves going to Disney Worlds and playing through a story based loosely on the film it is set within. The actual original lure is only confusing because there's a lot to remember at this point. Which is actually quite ironic given the memories theme that runs through the series.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den