Re: AVATAR COMING TO DISNEY WORLD

Postby FlipMode » March 28th, 2018, 11:54 pm

Honestly still can't quite believe how pretty it is to be honest. Flight Of Passage is also possibly one of the coolest theme park attractions ever. The pre show before you even get into the actual flight sim is about 10 minutes long lol. Can't wait to go back to WDW soon :)

edit: also yeah Avatar isn't Disney (although I think maybe it is now? I can't keep track of who owns what anymore) but it does fit quite well in Animal Kingdom tbh, matches the theme of conservation the park has going for it and all.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 29th, 2018, 2:06 am

If you use Facebook I ask and invite you to like my page, trying to get more likes and support for it. Thanks.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby HasiraKali » April 11th, 2018, 3:22 am

Did you adopt a banshee? I got a purple one. He is awesome.

Flight of Passage is a really really cool ride. Is it worth a three hour wait? No. But it was really cool. We were given a paper FastPass (the ones that they give you if you don't get to ride because the ride goes down) by a random lady. The river ride is beautiful, but super short. I wish it was longer. The Shaman of Songs is the most impressive audio-animatronic figure I've ever seen. She's incredibly lifelike, you could swear she's an actress in a costume.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby FlipMode » April 11th, 2018, 9:51 am

20171108_185930.jpg

I got him on opening day and then I took him around on my shoulder the rest of the day, oh I was such a popular guy that day! lol

Oh that's really cool that you were given a fastpass for FOP. Yeah I agree, I've never actually bothered to go in the stand by line for it (although if you don't mind being one of the last to ride it, going in line right at the end of the day isn't so bad) I've never really seen it any less than 2 and a half hours long.
But it's a cool experience though. Lots of cool details like the way you can feel the banshee breathing.

I also really like most of the food I've tried there as well.

I think though that as cool and as scenic as it is, Pandora is great but I always leave it thinking "Wow if they can do that with Avatar, I can't wait to see Star Wars Galaxies Edge!!"
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby HasiraKali » April 15th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Oh man, the food. :lol: We ate at Satu'li Canteen twice one day because it was so good. That blueberry cream cheese mousse is to die for. We've been making our own Satu'li bowls for dinner since then. It's fun and tasty.

I'm thinking of getting another banshee on our next trip so Ikran can have some company. I got him mostly to be a "class pet" but I haven't taken him to my classroom yet. I loved the jewelry they had in that shop as well.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Stormy » July 27th, 2020, 7:45 pm

bumping 5 year old topic yyayaayayy.

being a frequent at the Walt Disney World parks living here in Florida, I still do not see the appeal people seem to have for Avatar. land being located in Animal Kingdom it looks really nice and seems to fit well in the surrounding areas, but i still DO NOT see what people see in this movie or the franchise in general. ????? i can't see it. and i probably won't ever. i STILL 3 years later after this ride has opened refuse to wait in a 3 hour line (it's like... either the 1st or 2nd most popular ride at the resort) for the ride. have not ridden it and probably will never as long as the line is that long.

i often even don't even go into the land. it's a pass. :/
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 28th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Yayyy for the thread revival. While I appreciate the movie and its futuristic theme and will continue with the sequels, I’m not a major fan. The park is a pass for me, and I won’t wait that long either (this applies to any ride though). Lol.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » August 19th, 2020, 2:43 am

avatar was like... a phenomenon at release. maybe the first 3D movie to pull off 3D really well?

The plot is a bit derivative but...

James Cameron is a big deal. He directed Aliens, The Terminator (making Arnie a household name) Terminator 2 (considered to be alongside the godfather 2 as a sequel that surpasses an already great original) True Lies, Titanic, The Abyss... etc. One of which was the first movie to gross over a billion and keep its record until Avatar released and Avatar was only dethroned barely by Endgame.

You do not underestimate James Cameron. Ever. Oh, you say Avatar is now irrelevant? While I doubt it it will repeat the lightning in a bottle 2.7 billion box office gross of the og it will still make a ton of bank cuz why?

You should never underestimate James Cameron. He doesn’t come out of directing hibernation for any reason.

I am not a big fan of Avatar but to underestimate him would be foolish.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Previous

Return to The Den