I don't like Micky Mouse

Re: I don't like Micky Mouse

Postby Tsuki » March 4th, 2015, 6:32 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"]Everybody in the World is a Disney fan.
I literally have never met a single person who doesn't like Disney[/quote]

You should meet my Dad then :P.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby PrincessKiara » March 15th, 2015, 1:23 am

There`s nothing wrong with not liking Mickey Mouse.
I think Mickey is okay, but I`ve always preferred Donald - he`s a beloved childhood favourite of mine. :)

I really don`t like Goofy. :P
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby zerodix » April 14th, 2016, 1:02 pm

mickey starred in the first animation of walt disney. no colour tv and no computers to animate fancy colourfull worlds. for that time i can imagine people loved it. today he is more a symbol.. "it started with a mouse" but with all movies and animation techniques disney has nowadays
.. he can be boring.. the lion king keeps beeing the best movie animated for me.. since it was put with effort and no computer animation (2d only i mean by that) when disney and pixar started their co-op.. i was sad because i feared they would stop 2d animation. but then i saw zootopia and loved that a lot. but back to mickey. keeping in mind that with this little black mouse everything started
. i kinda like him but not the films about him.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 14th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Uh... Mickey wasn't walts first animated creation. He first created oswald the lucky rabbit and only recently did disney get the rights back to the character.

As far as the big disney characters go (mickey, minnie, donald, daisy, goofy etc) go I don't care much for them. I don't hate them either. I'm indifferent towards them.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 14th, 2016, 1:38 pm

I may be a Disney fan but I dont like every single Disney movie which is perfectly normal, cause there are some we dont like, and that just goes to show how individually unique we are, TLK is my life, but I dont like TImon or Pumbaa or there Movie, I am a total Disney Princess fan but cant stand Snow whites high pitched voice, and above all I love and am fascinated by the magic of it all that they put in to the world of Disney, by this I mean behind the scenes and the movie creators, and I have always wanted to no more and more about the man that started it all, but I always seem to miss the chance to catch a recording of any documentaries that have to do about Walt Disney himself, I may have heard many times about Disneys dark side, but I ignore that, cause it wont stop me from Disney helping me escape the stressful and depressing screwed up reality of life its self, I dont for about Micky himself or his friends, but I Do like Donald a little because part of him reminds me of me a little bit, and to top it all I am a Kingdom hearts fan, But I BIG have respect for the mouse him self.

Thank you Disney for helping our imaginations run wild and free, and to help our minds and hearts escape the reality of life itself, I think its safe to say that we dont have to be 100% Disney fans but Disney IS therapeutic. Amen!

and to the twisted horrible disturbing theater teacher I had who said he hated Disney?.....how dare him! :eviljanja:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » April 14th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Lol.

I'm a huge disney fan but I can't stand most of their live action films. There are exceptions like saving mr banks, the mighty ducks, the santa clause (only the first santa clause) , hocus pocus and their marvel movies but most of the live action disney films look like stuff you couldn't pay me to watch.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » April 20th, 2016, 12:15 pm

You don't have to like everything related to something to be a fan. There are a few Godzilla films I don't like all that much, doesn't mean I'm not a fan of Godzilla. I don't like the 2004 Garfield film, doesn't make me any less of a Garfield fan. And so on and so forth.

Especially when it comes to something with such a long and varied history as Disney. I too don't care much for Mickey, or the rest of his friends. Are they good characters? Sure. Are they iconic? You betcha. Are the classic shorts with them in it funny? Yes. Would I say I dislike them? No. But almost everything else Disney has done since creating them appeals to me far more. Even as far as the whole "group of friends/similar-style characters" goes, I like the Winnie the Pooh cast a lot more. Disney has tons to offer outside of Mickey, so don't feel bad if the big mouse doesn't appeal to you.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 20th, 2016, 1:29 pm

I will say when I was a little girl, I used to enjoy watching the older versions of Mickey and his gang cartoon, you know the ones that had Jimmany cricket oh cartoon, I miss those so much now even more because I do not like there new version of Micky comic like cartoons, to me they arnt funny, I miss the older days of Dis cartoons those one were more funny, I used to watch some house of mouse too.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Squeely » April 20th, 2016, 3:33 pm

I agree modern Mickey stuff lacks appeal. But that could be because I'm not wild about the character to begin with. Mickey and Minnie kinda feel like blank slates - they're just happy-go-lucky without a ton else to them. This worked out well in the early cartoons with antiquated roles of Mickey-saves-Minnie-from-adversary, and has adapted alright into other things. But now, it seems it's harder to think up fresh things for the Mickey gang without it feeling stale.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby TheLionPrince » April 21st, 2016, 2:34 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I may be a Disney fan but I dont like every single Disney movie which is perfectly normal, cause there are some we dont like, and that just goes to show how individually unique we are, TLK is my life, but I dont like TImon or Pumbaa or there Movie, I am a total Disney Princess fan but cant stand Snow whites high pitched voice, and above all I love and am fascinated by the magic of it all that they put in to the world of Disney, by this I mean behind the scenes and the movie creators, and I have always wanted to no more and more about the man that started it all, but I always seem to miss the chance to catch a recording of any documentaries that have to do about Walt Disney himself, I may have heard many times about Disneys dark side, but I ignore that, cause it wont stop me from Disney helping me escape the stressful and depressing screwed up reality of life its self, I dont for about Micky himself or his friends, but I Do like Donald a little because part of him reminds me of me a little bit, and to top it all I am a Kingdom hearts fan, But I BIG have respect for the mouse him self.

Thank you Disney for helping our imaginations run wild and free, and to help our minds and hearts escape the reality of life itself, I think its safe to say that we dont have to be 100% Disney fans but Disney IS therapeutic. Amen!

and to the twisted horrible disturbing theater teacher I had who said he hated Disney?.....how dare him! :eviljanja:[/quote]

If you can watch one of The Lion King films in under 90 minutes, surely you can watch the documentary film, Walt - The Man Behind the Myth:

Since it was produced by his family, it's a more positive portrayal of the man. PBS aired a two-part American Experience miniseries about Walt last fall that you can watch on Amazon Prime with payment. That said, it was more a demystifying effort that balanced out his positive traits of optimism, creativity, and bringing joy to his audiences with his negative traits of his perfectionism and furious temper. It had some inaccuracies with one claiming Walt lost interested in animation around the time Cinderella was being made, but it's worth the watch. And don't stop there; why just watch a documentary? There are several books about Walt by Bob Thomas and Neal Gabler that are more in-depth that a documentary or film could ever be.

And I wouldn't ignore his negative history either since they had an effect on the movies he produced. Remember in Dumbo when the clown workers said "let's hit the big boss for a raise". That's an exact reference of the animators' strike happening at the time it was being made.

[quote="Squeely"]I agree modern Mickey stuff lacks appeal. But that could be because I'm not wild about the character to begin with. Mickey and Minnie kinda feel like blank slates - they're just happy-go-lucky without a ton else to them. This worked out well in the early cartoons with antiquated roles of Mickey-saves-Minnie-from-adversary, and has adapted alright into other things. But now, it seems it's harder to think up fresh things for the Mickey gang without it feeling stale.[/quote]

Well, for the last half decade, Disney has been pushing Mickey back to his original mischievous persona with Epic Mickey and the Mickey Mouse series airing on Disney Channel. It doesn't completely undo the goody-two-shoes personality Disney (as a corporation) has pushed for decades, but it's a step in the right direction in giving him a distinct personality.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

PreviousNext

Return to The Den