40%
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
60%
Super Paper Mario
No votes

Total votes : 5

Favorite Paper Mario?

Postby Gwen » August 29th, 2010, 11:44 pm

please only post here if you have played the game! so what's your favorite nintendo paper mario? i enjoyed paper mario: the thousand-year door (or also known as PMTTYD). the shadow queen was so hard to beat! but i finally got her. paper mario n64 is okay... but it isn't really my style. and super paper mario was just bleh for me.

pick a vote and explain why!
Gwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

*has officially left MLK for good*

Pride Points: 0

Re: Favorite Paper Mario?

Postby Wrightfan » August 30th, 2010, 1:46 am

I would rank them:
Paper Mario 64
Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario (why did they go away from the RPG genre?)

64 over Thousand year door just slightly...maybe because I've beaten 64 and not the other :lol:
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby Azdgari » August 30th, 2010, 1:47 am

I loved Super Paper Mario, but I can't judge since it's the only one I've played. My favorite game for the Wii though. So delightfully playful and quirky--truly creative. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Wrightfan » August 30th, 2010, 1:48 am

[quote="Azdgari"]I loved Super Paper Mario, but I can't judge since it's the only one I've played. My favorite game for the Wii though. So delightfully playful and quirky--truly creative. ^^[/quote]

Oh it's good...just odd that it's totally different from the previous 3 Mario RPG titles.
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby Azdgari » August 30th, 2010, 1:49 am

Well, other than the stat building and character changing, it was really a platformer, not an RPG.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Gwen » August 30th, 2010, 4:27 am

the one thing i didn't really like about SPM is that mario just continues the journey by stepping on the enemy and runs on, without him actually going into battle like in TTYD or PMN64. i enjoyed the RPG genre, i wish nintendo didn't have to take it out. it was so fun
Gwen

*has officially left MLK for good*

Pride Points: 0

Postby lemonleleupi » September 1st, 2010, 9:03 am

Paper Mario 64, Thousand Year Door...
Well, these name are unfamiliar to me. In Japan, Paper Mario 64 is called "Mario Story" and Thousand Year Door is called "Paper Mario RPG".
I've played both of them thoroughly!
I completed all the collections ;)
Everybody, thank you for praying for Japan!
WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!
lemonleleupi

Great spirits, tell me this young life's future.

Nickname(s): Leleupi
Pride Points: 1

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 1st, 2010, 11:53 am

The original N64 for sure. I haven't played the others, but I've watched walkthroughs.. I didn't mind the second, but the only thing I liked in the third was that the fights are not turn-based.

But guess what? There's gonna be another Paper Mario game for a new console called 3DS or something like that :D definitely gonna buy the console and the game ^^
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Bunga2019 » August 31st, 2020, 5:49 pm

64 and 1000 year doors
The Angry Video Game Nerd: "Time?" When you kill things, it says "Time?" What does that mean?
Bunga2019
Nostalgia Nerd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Wonder Boy
Pride Points: 3

Return to The Den