Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy?

Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy?

Legit Movement
56%
Black Supremacists
37%
Other
7%

Total votes : 27

Re: Is #BlackLivesMatter a legit movement or black supremacy

Postby Ninaroja » July 25th, 2016, 1:22 am

[quote="Chavratheserval"]Okay, MAYBE we should close this thread, I'm not getting happy friendly vibe like we usually do around here. It feels like hatred, anger, and digust. And a few bits of sadness. There is nothing mostly good or nice or understanding in this thread right now. What I'm trying to say is, the atmosphere is not good. Maybe I'm the only one feeling this. :/[/quote]

A lock request can only be made by the original creator of the thread, which in this case would be Tora. Also, please do not double post: use the edit feature instead in the top right to add to your original post.

The world issues board is the only part of the forum where discussions of a political/religious/etc. nature are permitted, in debate format. So far, nothing in this topic is in violation of MLK's rules. This part of the board often gets heated/tense but so long as everything complies with the guidelines it is fair game.

~Ninaroja
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby FlipMode » July 25th, 2016, 1:48 am

[quote="Ninaroja"]

The world issues board is the only part of the forum where discussions of a political/religious/etc. nature are permitted, in debate format. So far, nothing in this topic is in violation of MLK's rules. This part of the board often gets heated/tense but so long as everything complies with the guidelines it is fair game.

~Ninaroja[/quote]

When was it decided that the World Issues board (which I should remind you is viewable to guests) was a place where sensitive subjects like religion and race or any such things were okay to talk about? As far as I'm aware posting anything that could promote arguing is a general offence. The description for this board says its for discussion of current events, it doesn't say "Hey you know that rule about not posting things that will lead to arguing? Yeah well it doesn't exist here."

Then again the board has always had a Christmas and Easter theme even when religious discussions were not allowed so my point may not be that relevant anyway.
But this World Issues board seems a bit pointless to me, I don't usually see current issues being discussed, I just see polarising discussions that split members apart and we've actually lost a few good ones because of it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Ninaroja » July 25th, 2016, 2:09 am

^ Be that as it may, the entire time I've been on MLK such things HAVE been discussed in here (e.g. Ridiculous Religion vs Absurd Atheism, which ran for a long time), and were only locked when the tone changed from a debate-style discussion to more vicious personal attacks/extremely offensive content. As far as I can see, this thread is doing just fine.

~Ninaroja
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Chavratheserval » July 25th, 2016, 4:26 am

^Sorry for double posting. Sometimes my silly mind forgets. Hope your not angry or anything. :sad: Guess you have a point, I guess. Just a lot of negative views here, that just make me sad and disappointed you know? Just didn't see any good coming out of this thread. Maybe it's just me. Again so sorry.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby Azdgari » July 26th, 2016, 4:53 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"]
When was it decided that the World Issues board (which I should remind you is viewable to guests) was a place where sensitive subjects like religion and race or any such things were okay to talk about? As far as I'm aware posting anything that could promote arguing is a general offence. The description for this board says its for discussion of current events, it doesn't say "Hey you know that rule about not posting things that will lead to arguing? Yeah well it doesn't exist here." [/quote]
You on crack, boy? This forum has -always- been about discussing heated topics.

EDIT: Oh god, this was supposed to be a PM. HELP I'M NO GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 26th, 2016, 4:59 pm

[quote="Azdgari"][quote="Flip_FTW"]
When was it decided that the World Issues board (which I should remind you is viewable to guests) was a place where sensitive subjects like religion and race or any such things were okay to talk about? As far as I'm aware posting anything that could promote arguing is a general offence. The description for this board says its for discussion of current events, it doesn't say "Hey you know that rule about not posting things that will lead to arguing? Yeah well it doesn't exist here." [/quote]
You on crack, boy? This forum has -always- been about discussing heated topics.

EDIT: Oh god, this was supposed to be a PM. HELP I'M NO GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Image[/quote]

+1

I think the thread should stay open, it had a shaky start but recent posts have been civil. There's a difference between debates and actual arguments.

While I've voiced support for BLM in this thread I do think MH has a good point about nutjobs, at least in the US, being usually armed, that definitely doesn't ease tensions between the US police force and the public. And I definitely don't think ALL cops in the US are corrupt racists. Exaggerated generalisations have never helped anyone. There's definitely a huge need for reform in the police force though as police violence is absurdly high compared to other Western countries.

I don't know. I think the US has an issue with violence, not just gun culture, in general. Not sure what can be done about that besides trying to improve poverty rates and having stricter gun regulations so less people have to resort to crime for a living and the mentally unstable don't get easy access to guns.

God, I'm so tired with any type of violence recently. I know it's not a new phenomenon but it feels like it's been so much worse this year. I'd left this post as a draft for days just because I'm just so damn tired.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Elton John » July 27th, 2016, 1:33 pm

What I am about to say might just be the most controversial thing i've said on this site.

The people who typically say 'all lives matter' usually mean 'upper middle class to rich white lives matter'.

If 'all lives' really mattered to those people, and you have the means, why aren't they doing anything about it?

Just last week a black therapist at some sort of hospital went outside to help an autistic patient who had escaped. He was shot by a cop, he survived and asked the cop 'why did you shoot me?' The cop responded 'I don't know'

In the true sense of the phrase all lives do matter but right now we need to focus on those of minorities that get shot at by cops just because of the color of their skin. They just want cops to be held accountable for their actions. Right now that isn't happening. Because that one hospital worker survived, we might get that accountability.

I saw a video of a black man, I think last year? He was doing nothing wrong but he was choked to death by new york city cops in the middle of a busy area in the daytime. The man was begging for mercy as he drew his last breath.

This is not justice. A man was murdered and the cops got away with it, with minor punishment maybe.

When the life of a black person doesn't matter to you how can you say that all lives matter and mean it?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Simbaholikov » July 27th, 2016, 4:35 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]Also, please do not double post: use the edit feature instead in the top right to add to your original post.[/quote]

The posts were a few days apart from each other, double posting after 24 hours is allowed.

As for the focus of the topic, I've already said my part. Only thing I'll add is I do not weep for slain cops.
Simbaholikov

Postby Azdgari » July 27th, 2016, 4:41 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]Only thing I'll add is I do not weep for slain cops.[/quote]
Do you really mean that? It's easy to get caught up in the fray, but human beings are human beings, whether white, black or blue, and loss of life is always tragic. Their families and children would probably find it difficult to understand your perspective.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Simbaholikov » July 27th, 2016, 4:50 pm

[quote="Azdgari"][quote="Simbaholic"]Only thing I'll add is I do not weep for slain cops.[/quote]
Do you really mean that? It's easy to get caught up in the fray, but human beings are human beings, whether white, black or blue, and loss of life is always tragic. Their families and children would probably find it difficult to understand your perspective.[/quote]

I can feel sad about the loss of a life, but at the same time they knew what they were getting into and which side they were on the moment they put on the uniform.

But alas going deeper into my reasoning would detract from the original topic's purpose so I'll leave it at that, but the bottom line is the police force needs a major overhaul.
Simbaholikov

PreviousNext

Return to The Den