Bullying/Cyber Bullying Awarness

Re: Bullying/Cyber Bullying Awarness

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 9:11 pm

[quote="Tsuki"][quote="Nicholas"]^ My point is that cyber-bullying is less worser than real life bullying. But please, do tell.[/quote]

I personally think the former is worse as more often than not you don't know who is doing the bullying and sometimes it can become so severe that the victim ends their life. At least with RL bullying you know who the bully is and sometimes it can be resolved with the police, teachers or mums. The problem with the internet is that people can hide their true selves. And therefore it can become a lot harder to prosecute someone. Yes I suppose you could say "Well can't you find out the persons IP or history or whatever" but then the "cyber bully" could turn round and say "No I was hacked. That wasn't me". Cyber Bullying is A LOT harder to sort out than RL bullying.

I suggest you watch Cyber Bully with Maisie Williams in it. It really hits home about Cyber Bullying. It's more than just people trolling. I suggest you do your research ;)[/quote]

That may be, but that still doesn't change my mind. Imagine this, you're about 8 or 7 years old and you can't even be a regular kid and go outside to play soccer for example, without being harrassed by kids who are not only alot bigger, but also alot older, about 15 or 16 years old. Things like that can ruin a part of your childhood an no type of cyber-bullying can be equal to that IMO. And as I've said, internet bullies can be blocked or ignored. It is easier to deal with because you can just leave from whatever website it is, while in real life, you can't really avoid it if it affects your daily life.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Tsuki » February 11th, 2015, 9:16 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]^ it affects your daily life.[/quote]

As can Cyber Bullying. It can make you paranoid and therefore affect your day to day life.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 9:23 pm

[quote="Tsuki"][quote="Nicholas"]^ it affects your daily life.[/quote]

As can Cyber Bullying. It can make you paranoid and therefore affect your day to day life.[/quote]

Only if you make it part of your daily life. I actually meant daily life outside the internet, like in the 90s when ''cyber bullying'' wasn't really a thing yet.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tsuki » February 11th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Therefore same can be said about Bullying. IE only if you make it part of your daily life. With bullying you can stand up for yourself or get help. What I'm saying is Cyber Bullying is harder to solve. I mean hacking is a form too and look how much trouble newspapers have got into for. The thing is if you know who's doing the bullying then it can be solved easilly. With Cyber Bullying you can't always tell who it is. Yes I've had both forms of bullying but for me personally the Cyber Bullying was worse as I didn't know who started it.
[center]Image
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 9:39 pm

I don't think you get what I'm aiming at. Bullying IS as a fact part of your daily life, because it occurs in your REAL social life whereas cyber bullying is only part of your ''online'' life, and can easily be turned away from by shutting the PC/laptop off, or simply leaving the website.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Tsuki » February 11th, 2015, 9:46 pm

And again you can just as easilly walk away from RL bullying and not let it effect your daily life by walking away from those bullying you or report it ;). It works both ways :P.
[center]Image
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Tsuki

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 11th, 2015, 9:55 pm

Aye but tell me, it matters alot more when it happens in real life than your online life, because I assume our normal lives are more important than our internet lives. That's all I'm trying to say.
SlayerOfLight

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 12th, 2015, 1:53 am

:sad: Yeah, I didn't realize at first how bad the internet and Facebook was full of trash till the point where I just couldn't take it anymore, that's when I realized the big picture, and got so sick of it, never again will I be doing what i did on Facebook, learned my lesson on that, I just wish i new sooner. it all makes sense now, heck you could say I didn't know any better back then, now I do and im more smarter about it, because well, im a member here now, where people here are just the opposite. :cool3:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby FlipMode » February 12th, 2015, 7:43 am

Trolling is like me clicking on Nick's profile, seeing that he like DBZ and saying "LOL DBZ SUCKS!" knowing full well he will respond to my comment negatively (it doesn't btw, DBZ is da bomb).
Cyber bullying though, is different, its an evolution and extension of general IRL bullying.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby it means no worries » February 12th, 2015, 5:45 pm

in my experience IRL bullying is MUCH worse- sticks and stones...
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

PreviousNext

Return to The Den