Graphic Artist of the Week#4 (Submissions)

Graphic Artist of the Week#4 (Submissions)

Postby LadyAnette » February 8th, 2010, 9:00 am

Graphic Artist Of The Week:

This weeks winner is: Parabuteo!

Wow! Amazing talent you have, Parabuteo! She has done it again! Congratulations on your second win! Feel free to use the userbar below. You deserved it! :)

Hall of fame:
Week 1 - Simba
Week 2 - Parabuteo and Annie
Week 3 - Parabuteo

*NOTICE* The rules have changed a little made an anonymous request. Now when you submit, it will not be on the graphic you submit, but how well the graphic designer did on the graphic. Get it? Just pm me if you have questions. :)

Welcome to the Graphic Artist of the Week Contest! (GAWC) Here is the official place where all those graphic designers can post their graphics for submissions and people can vote as well! Please read the rules that are listed below before submitting of voting. (Rules have also been changed slightly)

[quote="Graphic Contest Week Rules"]

Submitting Rules:

1. When submitting a graphic, it must be smaller then or as large as 600x600.
2. You may only submit one graphic per contest.
3. Your graphic must be TLK related.
4. Buttons, Avatars and bars are not accepted.
5. All graphics must be watermarked. (A copyright notice of who did the graphic)
6. The graphic must be your own.
7. All your graphics must be new and made especially for this topic. When not and an older graphic you made previously, you will not be submitted and will need to make a current one.
8. Winners can only win three times in a row. If they win again, the second place artist wins.

Voting Rules:

1. Please do not vote for yourself.
2. Do not say who you voted for. This is extremely confidential
3. Please don't make any bad comments on a graphic.

Sound good?[/quote]

So who is ready to submit? All submissions will be listed below. Once we have at least 10-20-30 submissions we will begin the voting session.

Submissions:

^ Neon ^

^ Simba ^

^ Kovustruemate ^
Last edited by LadyAnette on February 12th, 2010, 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
LadyAnette

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Graphic Artist of the Week#4 (Submissions)

Postby parabuteo78 » February 8th, 2010, 10:01 am

Wow, I am surprised I won again. Thanks to all who voted for me, it means a lot! :)

I see the rules have changed, I had already decided if I won again this time, I wouldn't enter this week. But I'll surely vote for my favorite! And I might enter again in future! ;)

So if I get it right, we are no longer judged just on how the graphic looks but on the techniques we use?

Thanks again, to all those who voted.

Good luck to this weeks entrants, I can't wait to see what will be created!

My Website, the biggest collection of TLK Coloring Pages!
My dA-page

All graphics on my profile made by me. My signatures are on a rotator and will appear at random. Refresh the page to see another one.

Like my graphics? Have a look at my thread and feel free to make a request: Parabuteo78’s Graphics
parabuteo78

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Respect is free, but it does have to be earned

Pride Points: 0

Postby Neon » February 8th, 2010, 2:12 pm

1118 layers my big project on mixing new styles.
The render was duplicated 40 times for various edge smuding and splatter for blending
208 C4D overlays and pen effects
1 Border
367 Effects
18 layers for the chinese text to blend in
214 light sources blended inside to create depth
And the rest was for the background
I dedicate this to Kopafan who was hurt a while ago. Normally a sig like that I would have charged $75 for so much time uased but I'm giving it for free to Kopafan. Take care.
Time taken 89 hrs
Spoiler: show
Sigs are made by me and Simbasmate

Neon

Postby Simba » February 8th, 2010, 11:36 pm

wow, nice one Neon.

and I've been dying for this week to start cause I wanted to do something festive for it :)

so here it is:

THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Neon » February 9th, 2010, 10:15 am

Unfortunately my keyboard is chinese and its hard to actually use the virtual keyboard for english.

Neon

Postby KovusTrueMate » February 9th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Here's my submission. I just finished this.
Attachments
WeAreAllConnected1Copy.png

"It's the scars that make you stronger
It's the hard times that make you wise
It's the sweet things only time brings
That arrive like a blessing in disguise"
~ Bryan Adams ~

~1st Siggy by Me~
-Winner Bars by Simba-
KovusTrueMate

"We gotta go back to the future!"

Nickname(s): KTM, Kovu, Balto, and McFly (No, really)

Postby LadyAnette » February 10th, 2010, 7:45 am

It's nice telling us the hard work you put in, Neon. But it is a very lovely graphic! I'm sure Kopafan13 will appreciate it. :dreamy: I'll add those to the list. :)
LadyAnette

Postby Neon » February 10th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Thanks. The background had the most layers as I made it from scratch

Neon

Postby Neon » February 12th, 2010, 11:30 am

Are we voting yet

Neon

Postby LadyAnette » February 13th, 2010, 2:16 am

I might submit. So after that I probably will. :)
LadyAnette

Return to Graphic Artist Of The Week Contest