How am I doing?

How am I doing?

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 21st, 2015, 8:08 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask this question but

Since i have had my first attempt at Role play here on this forum and am now doing my second one. I would like to ask any readers/viewers of how im doing with my role playing skills/ways? I would love some feedback and advice to improve, I've been so used to live chatting role plays and using visuals and pictures trying to rely on just words alone have not been easy for me but I managed.

I do have some questions to ask and that is, How do you really come up with story ideas? what are some of your inspirations to build a plot? how do any of you use your imagination? I would share mine but its too complex and kinda silly to explain.
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: How am I doing?

Postby FlipMode » April 21st, 2015, 8:16 pm

Fair enough. Well remember you're only playing your character(s) don't move or make them react... That's what the other players do.

RolePlay is a little bit different to fan fiction, you're not so much telling a story as you are just having that particular character go on an adventure.

As for making plot ideas and stuff, feed off your fellow players. Me and Shadowfax came up with an idea for an Elder Scrolls zombie apocalypse style RP that way (though I haven't had the time to commit to it yet.)

That's the beauty of RolePlay, it doesn't really need to follow specific rules, you have a plot to follow sure but 90% of it is in how well you and your partners can play their characters.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 21st, 2015, 8:37 pm

So it really is ok to just make up something as you go along?
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Acegermanshepherd » May 1st, 2015, 12:50 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]So it really is ok to just make up something as you go along?[/quote]
Always what I did I was a DM for pathfinder though, a but different.
Acegermanshepherd

Pride Points: 1

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 1st, 2015, 1:23 am

[quote="Acegermanshepherd"][quote="gothprincesskiara"]So it really is ok to just make up something as you go along?[/quote]
Always what I did I was a DM for pathfinder though, a but different.[/quote]

DM? what does that mean? what are you saying?
gothprincesskiara

Postby Acegermanshepherd » May 2nd, 2015, 12:12 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="Acegermanshepherd"][quote="gothprincesskiara"]So it really is ok to just make up something as you go along?[/quote]
Always what I did I was a DM for pathfinder though, a but different.[/quote]

DM? what does that mean? what are you saying?[/quote]

Dungeon master.
Acegermanshepherd

Pride Points: 1

Return to RP Planning & Discussions (OT)