Ham jambo!

Re: Ham jambo!

Postby DGFone » October 16th, 2018, 5:34 am

Spoiler: show
Hmm, I do clearly remember talk of possibly moving to Lea Halalela, only to get told rather strongly that it wasn't such a good idea. Not merging MLK with LH (and this talk certainly never involved anyone from Lea Halelela), but simply having members move over - this was during the time when joining MLK was disabled and activity was even worse than now. Somewhat ironically, I was told rather strongly that no, joining LH is a bad idea due to how tightly knit that community is. The only thing I can say in the end is that because I cannot find these posts, I am thinking, but unable to recall, that this conversation happened off MLK with a couple of members, and while I remember it happening here, it was somewhere off site.

Anyways, this topic shouldn't be about what was or wasn't said on MLK, or to compare it to Lea Halalela. This is about welcoming Vidan to our forums, because we are always glad to welcome new members!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasMate » October 16th, 2018, 11:16 pm

Welcome to MLK :) It's nice to get new members here still.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Azdgari » October 17th, 2018, 2:52 am

Yeah, I recall discussing something to the effect of a migration to LH as a contingency when we were considering shutting MLK down, at least with a few folks. Obviously we didn't bring it to our good man Vidan since it was decided to keep the party rolling here.

How's LH doing these days, anyway? How'd you come to take the reins?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Vidan » October 17th, 2018, 4:30 am

@DGFone If MLK had shut down I'm sure LH could have accommodated you guys. Yes, LH is a fairly close-knit community, but there's overlap in the memberships between the two forums, as well as others like TLKGO and Lilymud, so some "cross-pollination" is welcome and inevitable. But, I'm not here to sell you guys on it. Actually, if it had happened several months ago, we would have been in the midst of our transfer to a new server, during which there was a several week downtime, so that would have potentially affected a lot of people.

It might just be that forums aren't the ideal way for people to connect around a fandom anymore. It feels like it's mostly social media these days -- Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc. There's something very satisfying about a forum, though. Things just feel more ... organized, perhaps.

@Azdgari I'd say the friendships forged through LH are as strong as ever, but the forum is as dead as a doornail. The previous host decided, amicably, not to continue hosting the site and seeing as I was the only other admin with the technical know-how to migrate it to another server, I sort of inherited it by attrition. (I feel kind of like J. Michael Strackzynski's technician in the Babylon 5 series finale, just waiting for the right moment to turn off the space station lights for the last time.)
Vidan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Telegram: vidantiger
Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » October 20th, 2018, 12:41 am

[quote]@Azdgari I'd say the friendships forged through LH are as strong as ever, but the forum is as dead as a doornail.[/quote]

To be honest that's how it is here too.
The community here is still very much alive, a bunch of us all play videogames and chat and laugh together but when it actually comes to posting meaningful content on here, I dunno, its just a relic of the past really. It even looks and feels like an old and outdated forum, because that's what it is.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » October 20th, 2018, 12:57 am

there will probably be a small surge of posts once the remake is out, assuming whoever is paying for the forums servers still wants to pay for them.

I try to keep the forum alive by making topics, but no one likes my sense of humor. I mean have you seen my recent Sarabi topic? Most of those jokes were awful! Attributing Mussolini and 1984 quotes to Sarabi is so 1994 I should be banned amirite confirm/deny.

but seriously, i dont think anything can revive this forum now short of a miracle.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panda-chan » October 20th, 2018, 4:39 am

[quote="Elton John"]there will probably be a small surge of posts once the remake is out, assuming whoever is paying for the forums servers still wants to pay for them.[/quote]
Looking at the WHOis information for mylionking.com, I see that the domain expires on March 22nd, 2019. Good luck to whoever can get in touch with Moka after he basically deleted himself from the internet lol.

MLK lost 90% of its activity after the drama at the end of 2016 and has never been able to recover it since. Looking back, it seems quite suspicious. I have a feeling that SH and co. actively persuaded people to jump ship after they got banned, and that's why all the older members who used to post regularly have vanished.

But that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WildSimba » October 20th, 2018, 4:48 am

[quote="Panda-chan"]Looking back, it seems quite suspicious. I have a feeling that SH and co. actively persuaded people to jump ship after they got banned, and that's why all the older members who used to post regularly have vanished.[/quote]

Yeah well that's a fact. And facts don't care about your feelings.

LIBTARD DESTROYED BY LOGIC
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Elton John » October 20th, 2018, 7:35 am

i thought it was a bunch of bad blood that built up and bottled up over the years and finally went loose that destroyed mlk.

whoda thunk that a disney site for a franchise based on african animals who sing showtunes by elton john could create such a thing.

you know

the real elton john

(not me)
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby it means no worries » October 20th, 2018, 1:40 pm

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="Panda-chan"]Looking back, it seems quite suspicious. I have a feeling that SH and co. actively persuaded people to jump ship after they got banned, and that's why all the older members who used to post regularly have vanished.[/quote]

Yeah well that's a fact. And facts don't care about your feelings.

LIBTARD DESTROYED BY LOGIC[/quote]

Take me Milo
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions