Can someone please talk to me about The Lion King

Re: Can someone please talk to me about The Lion King

Postby Ninaroja » August 11th, 2015, 9:47 am

(Moved to "Introductions")

Hello there, you've certainly found the right place!

Everyone around here calls me Nina, I'm one of the mods here on MLK - any questions or concerns please ask me :) hope you have a great time here.

Note: I have removed a part of your post, as it could be classed as mature content, which is against site rules.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby juhouh » August 11th, 2015, 10:07 am

Welcome to the pride Shawry111 (OP) :salute:

Sure, just hop into TLK section. It needs more activity
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Ninaroja » August 11th, 2015, 10:23 am

Yep, I've managed to delete the post somehow *facepalm*

If shawry111 would like to reply to this topic with similar sentiments this newbie mod would appreciate it!! :innocent:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Shawry111 » August 11th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Oh uhh that took me a long time to write, damn, I'll see if I can recover it somehow because I cant remember too much.
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Claws » August 11th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Ehhhh, Hello, welcome to the pride anyway, and sorry about your post :innocent:
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Shawry111 » August 11th, 2015, 9:10 pm

Is there any way my post can be saved? Maybe I should of saved it as a draft :/

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shawry111 » August 11th, 2015, 9:30 pm

I posted this on a youtube video, (I've edited it to make it fit this forum) maybe this can help:

Can someone help, I think I've found some people who actually speak sense, I can't eve-, I'm here because I have a passion and I don't know if I'm "obsessed" with this film or not. It's just, the characters guys, Simba for instance, is the most lovable ball of fur ever, whether he's grown up or just a little cub, he is smart and kinda hot, (sounds weird to say that but it's true) he doesn't give up and he's so kind but also a little trouble maker. I could go on with him, and then there's Nala, so beautiful and patient and kind and once again lovable and hot, I mean woo hoo! I just literally can't get enough of this film, there's just something about it, it's so beautifully crafted and the characters and animation. Then there's the god damn music that just gives me the chills. I can't help but singing (terribly) to "I just can't wait to be king" or "Hakuna Matata", and it makes me sad we didn't get to see Simba grow up during the song. Please tell me if I'm being stupid but I love this movie so much, it just speaks to me and it would be nice to hear it from someone else that they feel the same way. I could go on for ever! Thank you sir or madam for taking your time to read this and I would love some support on this, maybe share some ideas. Thank you.

(This was taken from a Youtube video and is my work, I could go on and on, and I did before the admin removed it by accident :P, I will try to add more to this at some point :D)

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby TheLionPrince » August 12th, 2015, 1:47 am

Hello, Shawry, welcome to the My Lion King Forum! You found the right place, and yes, you are obsessed with The Lion King. It's nothing to be ashamed of since all of the members here liked the movie so much that we blog here about it everyday. However, may I ask what in particular do you want to talk about the film? The music? The characters? The animation? All of the above?

Here's my little essay on the film in case you want to read about my passion of the film:

Spoiler: show
As for me, this film is a childhood classic that I grew up with. I was smitten by the characters. Simba is the child in all of us; likeable, curious, cocky, wants to grow too fast, and yes, disobedient. Mufasa is the father everyone wishes they have/had. Scar is an interesting villain that relies more on using psychological mind games to get what he wants rather than the previous Disney villains that used magic. Nala, while her role is supporting, is a sassy young cub who you can sympathize with since she believes she lost her best friend. Surely, all of us had a best friend who tragically died or moved away that's similar to Nala's situation. Then, as an adult, it's interesting how her life turned upside during Scar's reign, and wasn't influenced by the evil charisma of Scar. Timon and Pumbaa are the Shakespearean fools, and their comedic presence was much needed after Mufasa's death. However, the last few viewings I have found their humor to be rather cheap and come off as annoying, though I still love Pumbaa. Sarabi, while her role is minimal at best, is the most sympathetic character in the entire film that lost her mate and only son, and had to long-suffer through her brother-in-law's reign.

The music is noticeably different from the previous Disney animated films at the time. It retains the structure of a musical, though some of the songs are sung off-screen by an unknown character which wasn't the case in Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. The songs are a mix of African-driven songs and chants such as "Circle of Life" and "Busa" accompanied with the Elton John's pop-driven songs such as "Hakuna Matata" and "I Just Can't Wait to be King". Hans Zimmer's score is one of the best with "The Rightful King" and "Remember Who You Are" as some of the highlights.

The look of the animation was beautiful, sweeping, and David Lean-style epic, and brilliantly merged computer animation with its traditional counterpart. The character animation is impressive given most of the animators had to animate the characters realistically walk on four legs and express human emotion through body language through the use of their hands, the look in their eyes and face, and the tilting of their heads.

While the movie has flaws (which I have deliberately ignored for this mini-review), I still admire the deep themes of the film, its ambition in storytelling and cinematic scale, and its maturity.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » August 12th, 2015, 1:54 am

I too am obsessed with the lion king.

Nothing wrong with that! There are far worse vices in life than a movie as great as this.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby ScarsLove » August 12th, 2015, 3:16 am

Welcome to the pride Shawry! If you ever want to talk about TLK with me, feel free to add me on skype ( if you have one that is ) and we can gush about it together :P

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Next

Return to Introductions