Can someone please talk to me about The Lion King

Re: Can someone please talk to me about The Lion King

Postby Shawry111 » August 13th, 2015, 7:20 am

Can I ask you all, whoever you are; to listen, just listen, and feel the music, get the goosebumps, cry, and play the movie along in your mind. If you're like me, it's rather special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlwlY98JBA

8-) :lol: :D ;)
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Shawry111 » August 13th, 2015, 8:03 am

[quote="Timon the great"][quote="Shawry111"]Do you guys prefer the Lion King, Lion King II, or Lion King 1 1/2. 1st one was my faviourate but seriously not by much. The Lion King II and 1 1/2 was pretty rubbish. But Lion King II got awful ratings where as Lion King 1 1/2 got decent ratings. What? How does that work, I don't know many people who prefer 1 1/2 over 2, I know more people who prefer to over the first one, lol.[/quote]
I'm one of those who prefer 1 1/2 over the other two films. Mainly because it's about my fav, Timon. But even then, I understand why it has better overall ratings than the second film because it just has a unique type of thinking to it that separates itself from the ideology of the second film.

Most people here and in the rest of the fandom (and maybe yourself) will probably disagree, especially because it's about a non-lion character and such. But I don't really care anymore about any hate to 1 1/2, and that's happened over the years. Though, I'm kinda glad that the upcoming Lion Guard series is going to give the fandom something else to judge on in comparison to the films.[/quote]

Yeah, I see what you mean, I would have liked it a lot more had it been a separate thing, I thought it was just a bit tacky that's all and I don't mean to offend. It just didn't have the feel to it that the other two did, it wasn't as moving but yeah, it was a good we twist. :D

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » August 13th, 2015, 8:33 am

I like the first Lion King the best, I also love Lion King 2, I enjoy Lion King 1 1/2 for what it is and I do accept it as canon. I am also very excited for The Lion Guard
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby juhouh » August 13th, 2015, 8:39 am

I like TLK and SP equal. Simba's Pride was much more centered to the story itself and felt more mature movie compared to the first. However the atmosphere didn't compete with the first movie neither music (thanks to Hans Zimmer)

oh yeah and there was 1 1/2... I guess I've made my opinion clear several times :P
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 13th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Welcome to MLK! :D

I would honestly have to say the first movie was my fave. I think for me, it's because it has such a powerful atmosphere attached. No other movie has managed to touch my heart like Lion King.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Shawry111 » August 14th, 2015, 1:13 am

I cpuldn't agree more Presscott and juhouh

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Timon the great » August 19th, 2015, 5:43 am

[quote="Shawry111"][quote="Timon the great"][quote="Shawry111"]Do you guys prefer the Lion King, Lion King II, or Lion King 1 1/2. 1st one was my faviourate but seriously not by much. The Lion King II and 1 1/2 was pretty rubbish. But Lion King II got awful ratings where as Lion King 1 1/2 got decent ratings. What? How does that work, I don't know many people who prefer 1 1/2 over 2, I know more people who prefer to over the first one, lol.[/quote]
I'm one of those who prefer 1 1/2 over the other two films. Mainly because it's about my fav, Timon. But even then, I understand why it has better overall ratings than the second film because it just has a unique type of thinking to it that separates itself from the ideology of the second film.

Most people here and in the rest of the fandom (and maybe yourself) will probably disagree, especially because it's about a non-lion character and such. But I don't really care anymore about any hate to 1 1/2, and that's happened over the years. Though, I'm kinda glad that the upcoming Lion Guard series is going to give the fandom something else to judge on in comparison to the films.[/quote]

Yeah, I see what you mean, I would have liked it a lot more had it been a separate thing, I thought it was just a bit tacky that's all and I don't mean to offend. It just didn't have the feel to it that the other two did, it wasn't as moving but yeah, it was a good we twist. :D[/quote]
I also understand and respect what you're saying. But since the film shows Timon as more of a real protagonist (and more of what I have wanted to see of this character in comparison to the other films), it is why I personally prefer it out of the others. I still get though, if other people had wanted to see their favorites given a film of their own too. But even then, it doesn't mean that there isn't anything meaningful or to value from this LK film. You know?

And you didn't offend me at all. No harm done. Image

Welcome to MLK, by the way. )
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Previous

Return to Introductions