Welcome! Introduce Yourselves!

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourselves!

Postby TimeLimitExceeded » February 3rd, 2019, 3:11 pm

Hello everyone! I’m Max from China, and glad to meet you! I hope my poor English would not bother you.

Though I am in my twenties, I am still into The Lion King. (Yes, watching the death of Mufasa still makes me want to cry). I cannot overstate the influence of the Lion King on my life.

I watched The Lion King for the first time at my 12, I suppose. And I was shocked by the vibrant animation, epic atmosphere, amazing music and moving plot. And I was not fond of, if not hate, traditional hand-drawn animation film and musical then. But I immediately became a fan of traditional hand-drawn animation film and musical after. And I was into all kinds of films later on. I wish Disney could continue to produce traditional musical animation film just like what they did in the 90s.

I have been here for a while, and I finally make up my mind to register and post now. Because I did not feel any urge to post here before and I do not have much spare time to check up this forum on a regular basis. But I concern myself with the CG remake of The Lion King lately, I want to keep up with the latest news about it. And another motivation is that I would like to share with you an essay I wrote recently at https://timelimitexceededblog.blogspot. ... ff-of.html. I wonder whether it would be appropriate to bring up this so-called Kimba controversy issue but my essay mainly cover it from a rather objective POV, refuting two very misleading and biased YouTube videos in detail. It was translated in a hurry so the translation might be not so good. I hope you would find it informative. And feel free to offer suggestions to me. And I hope I can also get a lot of information about the forthcoming The Lion King CG remake film here. I just can’t wait to watch it!

I might not be able to post frequently here but I am more than willing to participate in any activity if I am needed. (Sadly, I have no talent for drawing or writing stories. I guess writing film criticism is not quite in need here, lol) Feel free to ask me questions or PM me, I will reply as soon as possible. Nice to meet you here!

By the way, the Chinese New Year is coming. Happy Chinese New Year! :lol:
Last edited by TimeLimitExceeded on April 26th, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TimeLimitExceeded
Max

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live the King

Nickname(s): Max
Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » February 4th, 2019, 11:52 am

i’m in my 30’s and i’m still into tlk. I think that essay should be ok to post as long as it doesn’t have anything obscene in it. i’ll read it when i have the free time.

but most importantly, welcome to the pride!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » February 5th, 2019, 4:26 am

Welcome to MLK, TimeLimitExceeded! I have your essay opened in a new tab and will read it sometime this week - I'll let you know what I think of it.

Enjoy the forums!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TimeLimitExceeded » February 5th, 2019, 11:08 am

You can just call me Max. Thanks for your warm welcome. It gives me great pleasure to make your acquaintance!
TimeLimitExceeded
Max

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live the King

Nickname(s): Max

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2019, 4:36 am

Hello rachel and Max, glad to have you in our Pride.
@Man: I love both Kimba and Lion King so I will (Although I do not know when) read your essay (I have a very hard time making time to read :sad: ) Your English sounds great to me. Also I am in my 40's and I love The Lion King I can't see that changing no matter how old I get :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Heleigh » March 29th, 2019, 10:48 am

Hey everyone, I'm Heleigh. I was supposed to make a profile ages ago, but better late than never! I'm a big TLK fan, especially loving the relationship between Mufasa and Simba! I have always admired their father-son bond, I hate when Muffy dies :( But at least he is always alive in my universe!

My profile is still a bit empty, but I plan to update as soon as I can. You can also find me on the FF.net with the same name. Have a good day and enjoy the wonders of The Pridelands!
Heleigh
In your reflection

Postby SlayerOfLight » March 29th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Nice meeting all of you again, after lord knows how long.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby R+A511 » March 29th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Hi. I'm new here too. I like the lionking and like scar the best. I have a few drawings, but I don't draw very well.
R+A511

Pride Points: 0

Postby Azdgari » March 31st, 2019, 9:43 pm

[quote="Heleigh"]Hey everyone, I'm Heleigh. I was supposed to make a profile ages ago, but better late than never! I'm a big TLK fan, especially loving the relationship between Mufasa and Simba! I have always admired their father-son bond, I hate when Muffy dies :( But at least he is always alive in my universe!

My profile is still a bit empty, but I plan to update as soon as I can. You can also find me on the FF.net with the same name. Have a good day and enjoy the wonders of The Pridelands![/quote]
Welcome to MLK! Really like your sig. Also, hugely impressed with how explosively prolific of a writer you are! Seeing how many stories you've written that exceed 100K words is wild. I almost went insane with the amount of work it took to write ONE story that was barely more than 30K. So, huge kudos on that one.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SimbasGuard » April 1st, 2019, 7:16 am

Hello to Heleigh, and R+A511.

Also Hello to SlayerOfLight.

It's great to have all of you in The Pride.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions