Old school fan here!

Re: Old school fan here!

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 9th, 2019, 1:23 am

I'm back, you guys.

Just some life updates: I went to work, took some graduate classes, got my credential. I am a teacher now.

I had to take a break from fandom, ALL of them but I missed writing and theorizing. I saw the remake. It wasn't the greatest but I liked some of the changes that they made. Hello to the new fans.

I want to insert the video for Aerosmith's 'Back in the saddle'. How do I do that? :lol:
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby TheLionPrince » August 9th, 2019, 5:07 am

I'm glad to see you back.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby zerodix » August 11th, 2019, 10:19 am

welcome from another oldscooler
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Gemini » August 11th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Oh my god, dude. It's been years! When I got an email that said you replied to a thread I had to check it out for myself because I didn't believe it. lol

Hope all is well with you!! Let me know if you ever want to catch up sometime. :) I'm in my 20s now, have graduated with a bachelor's degree and am working full time so needless to say a lot has changed with me too. Haha.

Welcome back, though!
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Azdgari » August 12th, 2019, 2:07 am

I remember you! Welcome back, glad to see you again and happy that it sounds like things are going well!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 12th, 2019, 2:12 am

[quote="Gemini"]Oh my god, dude. It's been years! When I got an email that said you replied to a thread I had to check it out for myself because I didn't believe it. lol

Hope all is well with you!! Let me know if you ever want to catch up sometime. :) I'm in my 20s now, have graduated with a bachelor's degree and am working full time so needless to say a lot has changed with me too. Haha.

Welcome back, though![/quote]

Thank you everyone!

Gemini, it’s good to hear from you, nena! I remember that you were/are one of the best fic writers out there. I went to The Pit out of curiosity and well, the quality of the fics is lacking. You and a few other writers here and on that site wrote some gems. I kind of figured you outgrown/moved on from TLK because that is life, you know. I go through phases in fandom too. For me it was personal and professional reasons. There were days when I was student teaching, I would notifications from my fics and I would think ‘I miss that’. :cry:

I noticed an increase in Kudos and Faves of my old stuff. Now that I am complaining. :lol:
I have been inspired lately. I have so many ideas. It’s good to see you are still around. :)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 12th, 2019, 2:14 am

[quote="Azdgari"]I remember you! Welcome back, glad to see you again and happy that it sounds like things are going well![/quote]

Thank you. I remember you too. ;)

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Postby DGFone » August 12th, 2019, 3:56 am

Welcome back BCC! I saw your post when I was on vacation, so was only able to reply today. Glad to see that you're back!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » August 16th, 2019, 4:03 am

Welcome back TheBlackCatCrossing 8-) It's good to see you again.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 16th, 2019, 6:12 pm

It's good to be back, you two. I am playing catch up on the forums!

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions