(New Member) Fanfic Planning and Timeline

(New Member) Fanfic Planning and Timeline

Postby WolfRider » January 15th, 2020, 2:51 am

Hello everyone I am a new member to this forum and am looking forward to discussing all things Lion King.

One of the reson's I have joined this forum is that after recently rewatching all the Lion King movies as well as recently finishing the Lion Guard TV show my brain, being the fan fiction junkie that it is, came up with a story. I do this with a lot of movies and tv shows I watch but never got into actually making it. However, I have decided to take astab at it and what better franchise than one based on my favorite disney movie.

To give a general idea, firstly, my fanfiction is a human in lion king story. For those of you rolling your eyes I am hoping my idea brings something new as I have read many similar stories and have both gotten insiration as well as ideas on what to avoid so hopefully it will be more intersting. Of course I am always open to constructive advice on how to approach this so feel free to leave such suggestion in the replies.

However, there is one aspect of my story I am having trouble with, a timeline. While the majority of the story takes place after the events of season 3 of Lion Guard, there is a flashback saga telling the story of how my character meets and lives with Lion King characters. (Yes, I'm doing kind of a Tarzan theme but I have already come up with ideas to make it both make sense and be interesting). The time frame I am referring to is the period between Simba defeating Scar and the beginning of the Lion Guard. Based on some of my own research on lion aging and the idea that the pridelands were restored naturally I am hoping I can convince readers that this period was at least one year. Now if it is longer that would be better but I feel that is a safer assumption. Anyone who can give me an idea on this timeframe and back it up please comment as this is so far my first big hurdle.

Once I have this problem solved I am hoping to start writing and provide more details as to the plot and character of my story if anyone is interested. Also, slighlty off topic, I am a beginner artist hoping to actually draw this story in a comic/manga-like form in the future so any tips or advice in that area would also be appreciated.

I look forward to discussing all thing Lion King, Asante and Hakuna Matata
WolfRider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: (New Member) Fanfic Planning and Timeline

Postby WolfRider » January 16th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Also regarding timeline issues, If someone coulf perhaps give a idea on how long the events of Lion Guard took place from beginning to end would also help. Additionally, what time period should I place the story in? My fan fic is going to not only introduce human characters but also the world in general both for animals and humans. Initially I was going to make it in our current time period but I am also thinking of putting it in the time period closer to when lion king was released. That would be 1994 + however much time has passed between LK2 and LG. either way I would like it closer to modern time to incoporate themes such as technology and stuff so periods like 1912 might be too old. Let me knwo what thoughts or opinions you all have in this case.
WolfRider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to Planning and Characters