Lost fanfiction.

Lost fanfiction.

Postby Roaring Lion » July 31st, 2016, 5:06 am

Hey, Hello everybody.

haha :) I have not been on here in such a long time.
Recently while changing moving files from my old computer to my new one I found a old TLK fanfic which I read when I was 12. It has since that time been nowhere avialable anywhere online, nowhere sadly. Now this got me wondering a bit. How many good Lion King(or other) fanfictions have gone missing over the years. The internet can make things go on for so long but digital information is as delicate as the machines which allows it.

Do you know of any fanfiction you have loved as a child or still do that can no longer be found?

The fanfiction I found on my computer is called The Guardian Prophecy, by D.Ritchie. Has anybody ever heard about it or it's author?
Roaring Lion
Roar! :)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Keep on roaring!

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 3

Re: Lost fanfiction.

Postby Ninaroja » July 31st, 2016, 9:34 pm

Moving to the Fanfiction subforum

~Ninaroja
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Hatari05 » August 1st, 2016, 12:00 am

[quote="Roaring Lion"]Hey, Hello everybody.

Recently while changing moving files from my old computer to my new one I found a old TLK fanfic which I read when I was 12. It has since that time been nowhere avialable anywhere online, nowhere sadly. Now this got me wondering a bit. How many good Lion King(or other) fanfictions have gone missing over the years. The internet can make things go on for so long but digital information is as delicate as the machines which allows it.

Do you know of any fanfiction you have loved as a child or still do that can no longer be found?

The fanfiction I found on my computer is called The Guardian Prophecy, by D.Ritchie. Has anybody ever heard about it or it's author?[/quote]

Always intriguing to stumble on the past, can't say I have heard of that particular story what exactly is it about? That author sounds familiar do you know of any other works that author did?

Most LK fanfic I like I can still find plenty of them are still incomplete though, there are probably some but none that I can name at the top of my head.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Roaring Lion » August 1st, 2016, 2:56 am

[quote="Hatari05"][quote="Roaring Lion"]Hey, Hello everybody.

The fanfiction I found on my computer is called The Guardian Prophecy, by D.Ritchie. Has anybody ever heard about it or it's author?[/quote]

Always intriguing to stumble on the past, can't say I have heard of that particular story what exactly is it about? That author sounds familiar do you know of any other works that author did?

Most LK fanfic I like I can still find plenty of them are still incomplete though, there are probably some but none that I can name at the top of my head.[/quote]

Without giving away to many spoilers, it is about a man who's cessna airplane crashes in the pridelands. He( Palafox Sears) ends up living with the pride. This is set just before Simba's birth. His goal is to fix his airplane but he end up befriending the pride.The story is also a existencial story. The character qeustions the purpose of his life before and after he crashed his plane, and ends up discovering it. He goes through loss and discovery in the story. It is a reviting story. I have not read it in a long time so I can't remember it super well. I found it quite touching back in my younger years,.I beleive i would still think that about it.

It is very likely there is a chance I have the last evedince of it's existance. I shall have to put it online to make sure it keeps going and can be shared with the world. It is very well written. It was made back in the old Lion King fanfic day (90s). I do not know of any other stories written by the author. I can't find anything about him online. I might try to contact old LK fanfic writers if i can, so that I can hear if they know. I will put the story on fanfiction.net soon.
Roaring Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Keep on roaring!

Postby Hatari05 » August 3rd, 2016, 5:07 am

That does sound intriguing actually a little different from normal, existential crisis are usually really interesting to read usually quite deep. How many chapters is it?

Does the creator know you have it if not make certain you give him or her credit for the original beyond that I think you legally by fanfiction site rules repost it, I believe other stories have been reposted before nice job finding it again and giving others a shot at reading it.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roaring Lion » August 3rd, 2016, 5:53 am

[quote="Hatari05"]That does sound intriguing actually a little different from normal, existential crisis are usually really interesting to read usually quite deep. How many chapters is it?

Does the creator know you have it if not make certain you give him or her credit for the original beyond that I think you legally by fanfiction site rules repost it, I believe other stories have been reposted before nice job finding it again and giving others a shot at reading it.[/quote]

It really is quite something. It went right to my heart forever. I do not recall how many chapter as it was published online as one story. On my computer it counts the story as about 74 pages, although the pages on it are long so it might be much more.

No, the author does not know I have the story, but based on what he wrote in the introduction, he assumed people would download it. Of course I will make sure to credit him, it is a truly amazing story. He deserves the credit. Sadly I have not found him despite my searches online. I am still busy trying to find him but there are many by his name. and the story was first put on the internet in 1996.

Thank you, :) I will put it up later today on Fanfiction.net(British time). To try and get as many people to read it because it really is a giant gem of a story that is up their with nonfiction greats, I will be splitting it into 4 chapters. I will publish them over a period of a few days or two weeks as I really wish to get as many people as possible to read it rather than it dissapearing into a fanfiction.net archive. I have not made my mind up about the length of time between the chapters. I will put the whole story up on here when i publish the first chapter on the other site or when I put the last chapter on the other site.

I do not wish to hype the story up so much that people will be dissapointed but I really think that the story I have here is up there with the Lion King Fanfic greats, I am even willing to say that relative to its length it is better than CoTP. But that might be just the impact it had on me as a child. But in my pint of view Lion King Fanfic fans....brace yourselves, because a old gem is coming that should be enjoyed and remembered. :) :)
Roaring Lion

Keep on roaring!

Postby Hatari05 » August 3rd, 2016, 9:30 am

COTP can't say I know what that means what's that abbreviated for?

You're excitement and passion for the story is touching that's what almost any story is written for while your drive to show something you value to others is admirable and to be appreciated, I hope you find the story many more fans in the future.
Hatari05

Postby Roaring Lion » August 4th, 2016, 5:14 am

CoTP stands for Chronicles of The Pridelands. It is the best know The Lion King fanfiction. I have not read it myself as of yet but based on it's popularity I believe it is a good story. I think there are quite a few sequels as well.

Thank you, Hatari. That means a lot. :) :)
I hope so too.It has fallen to me to make this story survive, and I am humbly happy about it as I believe I can do it. This has inspired me to try and protect more stories, fanfics and old books. I have always been a bit of a librarian of stories andknowledge.

By the way,everybody, I have published the first chapter on Fanfiction.net. Here is a link. :) https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12084639/1 ... n-Prophecy
Roaring Lion

Keep on roaring!

Return to Planning and Characters