Planning a fanfic about Mohatu/ the origin of the pridelands

Planning a fanfic about Mohatu/ the origin of the pridelands

Postby Alexterri1 » February 23rd, 2016, 8:44 pm

This is a fanfic that I've been kicking around for a while now but haven't gotten around to write yet. Basically the fanfic is about Mohatu and a few other lions/animals, and how Mohatu formed the pride that is featured in the TLK. It will explain and establish some things in the TLK universe that I have theorized about. If the people on here like it I'll post it to Fanfiction.net. And if it gets a warm enough reception I'll make more fanfic in my TLK universe.

Here are a few things about the fanfic I will tell you all right now:

- While it will be borrowing SOME things from semi-canon sources, it will be almost entirely new ideas.
- This is the first real fanfic I've ever written, so my writing isn't going to be amazing. I welcome constructive critisicm, but not aggresive critisicm. (In other words, stuff like "You need to put more detail in descriptions" is good, but stuff like "OMG your descriptions are AWFUL and you need to stop writing!" Is not )
- The fanfic will begin in Mohatu's birth pride. Basically Mohatu is the youngest of three cubs, and since he is not the eldest male he is not the heir to the throne. He wants to leave and start his own pride when he grows up (due to disliking the restrictions and harsh rules he has to follow) but he can't because the male sons of the king in this pride have to stay and help their brother (the Futere King) defend it once they get older.
- When Mohatu is still a cub he meets a lioness roughly twice his age (but still young) named Zawadi, who has fur white as snow and is captured by Mohatu's birth pride since she was trying to pass through there lands.
- Zawadi wants to leave Mohatu's pride but can't because the king wants to keep her, since white lions/lionesses are very rare. when Mohatu is a little bit older he makes a deal with Zawadi that, if he gets her away from the pride, she'll let him come with her to wherever she wants to go.
- It turns out Zawadi was trying to find a young male around her age that she could form a pride with, and she wanted the pride to be accepting of other animals and to not be quite as restrictive as most prides are during this time.

Aaaand that's all I'm gonna reveal for now c:

So what do you guys think?
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Re: Planning a fanfic about Mohatu/ the origin of the pridel

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 27th, 2016, 1:35 pm

Sounds good! Its a twist on usual Mohatu stories, so I like that.

Just a word of advice though, white lions aren't usually well received among the fandom (from my experience anyway). The only OC I can think of that had a good reception and established the difference between albino and a true white lion was Niraja. So if you can make it work, it would be pretty cool.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Planning a fanfic about Mohatu/ the origin of the pridel

Postby Alexterri1 » March 6th, 2016, 7:36 am

[quote="Amy"]Sounds good! Its a twist on usual Mohatu stories, so I like that.

Just a word of advice though, white lions aren't usually well received among the fandom (from my experience anyway). The only OC I can think of that had a good reception and established the difference between albino and a true white lion was Niraja. So if you can make it work, it would be pretty cool.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm trying to make it unique. I don't want to just leach off of popular fan ideas without putting any new spins in things.

For the record, Zawadi is a white lion, not an albino. Also in my universe, there is a difference between an albino lion and a true white lion: basically, albino lions have pink eyes and pink skin, and white lions usually have blue eyes. Albino lions are basically considered freaks, while "true" white lions are considered exotic/rare. I'm probably going to have an albino lion character in the story as well.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Return to Planning and Characters