The Lion King Wiki talk:Community portal
| Welcome to The Lion King Wiki Community Portal Discussion Page. This is where discussions are held regarding anything related to The Lion King Wiki. If you need help, go ahead and ask a question! Just remember to follow the guidelines above or your question may be removed.
Please be thorough when asking a question. Also, remember that it may take almost a day for someone to answer your question. Please be patient. We will get to you when we can.
An alternative to using this page is simply using The Lion King Wiki forum at MLK Forum. Either way works!
Hi everyone! Axx and I have been working really hard getting this wiki ready for the move. I have a few suggestions to the categories that we have. I suggest adding categories for "Characters from The Lion King", "Characters from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride", etc. Thoughts? ~ 03:17, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
I think we should thy to add all the pages into as many categories as we can just without going overboard. I mean a page with say 8 or 9 categories whould be great but if it got into like 15+ people are trying to hard. --Axx1000 04:28, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
I request a Lebo M article! ~ 06:14, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to The Lion King Wiki!
- Hi! Great to see the wiki more active. By the way when i created the music infobox I at first thought that i could copy the music-template over from wikipedia but ended up creating alot of unneccessary sub-templates and such. Perhaps someone with the right permissions could delete them? I would if i could.
- Also the album-list in the current infobox is not very good, perhaps anyone knows how to make it better? :)
- //Izikhulu 05:53, 12 December 2010 (PST)
- Hi :D I noticed you are one of the only members besides me who knew some hardcore MediaWiki functionality. Awesome! Yeah I'm really excited to work on this wiki, and hopefully I can motivate other members to help, too. Link me to the templates that need to be deleted and I'll remove them. ~ 15:03, 12 December 2010 (PST)
- I think members are staying away from helping out because the syntax of MediaWiki is confusing to newcomers. I installed a Rich Editor plugin but the link to turn it on is small and it actually does mess with some of the syntax that I lay out manually. I had to revert the main page because it messed some stuff up. It seems to work for simple pages, though. ~ 20:48, 12 December 2010 (PST)
Well considering a few butthurt individuals used their free time to spam the wiki, do you think we should only allow members of MLK to edit the wiki? It would completely stop spammers from posting external links, and it would delay people that would just spam it. By the way, if you click "View history" on an article, you can undo recent changes. It's easier than going in and editing out what was added. ~ Moka 14:02, 9 April 2011 (PDT)
- I think that is a good idea, so far only spammers edited pages anonymously. And thanks for the tip :) --Nitrol 15:39, 9 April 2011 (PDT)
- You're welcome :) ~ Moka 16:23, 9 April 2011 (PDT)
- I think that would defeat the purpose of this being a "wiki". Lots of wikis get bombarded by spam but the admins just delete them and move on with their lives. Getting spam is just one of the drawbacks that always comes with owning a wiki. Besides, the purpose of anonymous editing was to encourage a much more diverse array of people to contribute and not just limit it to 30 or so MLK members. --Amanda 19:11, 9 April 2011 (PDT)
- You're right. With BaltoWiki, we had some good anonymous edits from random people and then they just left. I doubt they would've made those changes if they had to register. Welcome to the wiki btw ^^ ~ Moka 16:23, 9 April 2011 (PDT)
- And I love how easy it is to revert all the spam ^^ ~ Moka 18:03, 9 April 2011 (PDT)
- Great idea, I say! ~--Jdehaes 07:51, 12 April 2011 (PDT)
Scan of TLK story
1. I don't know in what category add article with these scans Maybe we should create new - category:stories ?
2. I'm not sure what title Игра в поджидалки (Igra v podzhidalki) means. There's no definition of "поджидалки" on the Internet, but it sounds quite similar to polish word "Podchody" (it means "stalking" or "paper Chase" game).
- When I look up the title you say on Google Translate, it comes up with The Game of "Waiting". I'd only assume that's what it is. --Wildsimba 16:08, 11 April 2011 (PDT)
- Where do you get "Waiting" from? My Google Translate can only translate it to "podzhidalki"...whatever that means. ~ Moka 16:19, 11 April 2011 (PDT)
- It came up with that word, because whatever word that they used in the book didn't exist. It did the did you mean thing on google translate, and that usually pops up, when there's something simular to the spelling. --Wildsimba 17:43, 11 April 2011 (PDT)
- Perhaps we should be looking for a Russian language speaker to translate :P I don't know of any. We could try asking on pridelands.ru ~ Moka 19:08, 11 April 2011 (PDT)
- It's not a comic and it's not a book. Looks like we do need a new category: Category:Stories ~ Moka 16:19, 11 April 2011 (PDT)
- I started the set-up, so if anyone one wants to edit who has more knowledge of the storys, feel free. --Wildsimba 19:18, 11 April 2011 (PDT)