MLK Writing Contest #8!

MLK Writing Contest #8!

Postby DGFone » June 24th, 2012, 8:42 am

It's that time again! Time to start writing, because MLK's writing contest is back! For the next two weeks, you will be able to write anything you want about these following topics:

Zazu after the stampede
What if Kovu did not fall in love with Kiara?
Timon an Pumbaa finally meet Sarabi
What if Timon and Pumbaa never rescued Simba?

I know that normally, I would have created this after another two days, but I grew impatient. Therefore you guys will get an additional two days to write, which I am sure, you consider a good thing. Therefore, the contest will still end on Sunday, July 8th!

Rules: Try to keep the story to under 2000 words. With the previous, there were three stories that were just above this limit, but everything turned out alright. But while 2000 words is your target limit, I will not allow anything above 2100 words. The stories must be PG-13 and follow all MLK rules. The stories also need to be original works created specifically for this contest, please don't submit anything that coincidentally happens to fit that you wrote before, and please don't steal other's work. That's just rude.

But enough with the rules! I really loved how with contest six, we got a higher number of stories than the previous few stories, and I do sure hope that we will see an equal, if not greater amount of submissions for this contest. As usual, the winner will get a special banner made by me that they will get to display for all to see, and they will be able to create a prompt for other to wrote for on the next contest.

Good luck to everyone, have a great time, enjoy writing the stories, and enjoy reading the others!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #8!

Postby Regulus » June 25th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Hmm, what have we got here? :mhm:
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » June 26th, 2012, 10:59 pm

[quote="Regulus"]Hmm, what have we got here? :mhm:[/quote]

You better give me something for this one! XD
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » June 26th, 2012, 11:22 pm

I've got some good ideas brewing. :idea2:
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » July 1st, 2012, 8:27 pm

One more day to submit your stories!

I only have one submission so far, so I'd hate to have to have to lengthen the contest, but I will if I will need to.

Edit: My sense of time is really messed up. Do ignore this post. :?
Last edited by DGFone on July 1st, 2012, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » July 1st, 2012, 8:36 pm

Today is the last day? What the heck? I haven't even started mine yet.

You created this on the 24th. Today is the 1st, so we've had a week. Don't we usually have two weeks?

[quote="DGFone"]I know that normally, I would have created this after another two days, but I grew impatient. Therefore you guys will get an additional two days to write, which I am sure, you consider a good thing. Therefore, the contest will still end on Sunday, July 8th![/quote]

I think you're a little confused. You should be a teacher. ;)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby DGFone » July 1st, 2012, 8:38 pm

Yeah, blame my sense of time. It may have only been one week, but it felt like two. :P

Sorry for the early warning, everyone! You still all have an entire week to submit a story!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » July 7th, 2012, 7:58 am

Okay, bad news-good news time.

I was writing my entry for this contest when the monitor went dead and my computer basically snuffed it. Right now I have it on life support and am busy backing everything up, because I have no idea how much longer it will last. This means that I might not be able to continue to host this contest for the time being.

The good news is that I asked Regulus to take over while I sort this mess out, so it looks like the contest will continue.Just send your stuff to him for now, and if I will get my computer back on its feet, I will continue it like normal. If not, expect the voting round, and maybe some more, to be run by Regulus.

EDIT: Got the computer working again for now. Business as usual for you guys!

Sorry for this inconvenience,
DGFone
Last edited by DGFone on July 7th, 2012, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » July 7th, 2012, 8:27 am

Update: I got my computer fixed and back to normal now! :)

While I don't know how long it will last, but I am confident enough that my fix will work in a way as to not interrupt the contest! So sorry for the previous post, submit everything to me again! You guys can give Regulus a break. 8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kopalover » July 7th, 2012, 8:15 pm

When's the voting round? :o
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest