My father believes in mermaids...

Re: My father believes in mermaids...

Postby SophieCub » June 6th, 2012, 2:12 pm

When I first watched it, I thought it looked pretty real even though I don't believe in that kind of stuff. But now reading all these points, it does look a bit fake. I really do wish they where real though. That'd be awesome! ^^
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Regulus » June 6th, 2012, 2:27 pm

The video isn't fake. Obviously, there's only one possible explanation for this:

Al-Qaeda has secretly been experimenting with human and fish DNA to create a hybrid "mermaid" species as an effective counter to nuclear submarines in the pacific.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tora » June 6th, 2012, 2:28 pm

[quote="Regulus"]The video isn't fake. Obviously, there's only one possible explanation for this:

Al-Qaeda has secretly been experimenting with human and fish DNA to create a hybrid "mermaid" species as an effective counter to nuclear submarines in the pacific.[/quote]

Nice Image
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Shadowfax » June 6th, 2012, 6:12 pm

[quote="Regulus"]The video isn't fake. Obviously, there's only one possible explanation for this:

Al-Qaeda has secretly been experimenting with human and fish DNA to create a hybrid "mermaid" species as an effective counter to nuclear submarines in the pacific.[/quote]

:saywhat:
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 6th, 2012, 6:23 pm

@Regulus That's the most odd conspiracy theory I've ever heared.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby FlipMode » June 7th, 2012, 12:02 am

[quote="DGFone"]The "mermaid" has a zipper. Zippers are a human invention. Case closed.

/thread.[/quote]

Brilliant. loled my face off. BT W8 MAYB DA MERMADE WNT ON2 LND ND DEN BOUGHT SUM HUMN CLOSEEEE

I mean come on, really? I cant even take the idea of mermaids seriously, let alone a thread debating it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 7th, 2012, 12:04 am

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="DGFone"]The "mermaid" has a zipper. Zippers are a human invention. Case closed.

/thread.[/quote]

Brilliant. loled my face off. BT W8 MAYB DA MERMADE WNT ON2 LND ND DEN BOUGHT SUM HUMN CLOSEEEE

I mean come on, really? I cant even take the idea of mermaids seriously, let alone a thread debating it.[/quote]

Lol pretty much as far as I'm concerned, everyone in this thread admits mermaids are fake, including me. so there isn't really a debate at all. only opinions.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » June 7th, 2012, 12:17 am

Its like with any myth, its just been so long, and so much research and advances have been made that we surely would have known something by now. That said, no one has really explored the very bottom depths of the oceans, but its not scientifically possible. And they would at least be in the bible. That they are not, means the idea of them was dreamt up and thus the myth was born.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 7th, 2012, 12:26 am

lol I'm not really sure what the bible has to do with it. :lol:
SlayerOfLight

Postby Regulus » June 7th, 2012, 12:36 am

[quote="Nicholas"]@Regulus That's the most odd conspiracy theory I've ever heared.[/quote]

Playing conspiracy theories off of each other is one of my hobbies.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

PreviousNext

Return to The Den