Cards F1-F9 front

Cards F1-F9 back

Pop-Up Cards (Subset)

Cards P1-P5 front

Cards P1-P5 back

Lenticular Hologram Cards (Subset)

Cards L1-L2 front

Cards L1-L2 back

..................................INWORK.........................
Ufasimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Re: Lion King Card Guide

Postby Tangles » February 20th, 2013, 10:53 am

Hi guys,

I signed up specifically to ask this question, as Google isn't giving me any info at all.

I've been collecting TLK trading cards since I was 12, and I still regularly check eBay for anything special or unusual. Recently I acquired a set of nine Skybox-branded, purple-foil-bordered TLK cards featuring images from "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" (on the front; the card backs form a big mosaic of the climax of the song). They don't have numbers and I can't seem to find any information on them, but they look and feel like the real deal - and each is branded with the Skybox logo on the back. Pictures are here:

Fronts - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g4lapadcxem8u6/Photo%2020-02-13%208%2039%2020%20PM.jpg

Backs - https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6rk57sh1n3r09j/Photo%2020-02-13%208%2039%2034%20PM.jpg

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Tania
Tangles

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby nathalie » February 22nd, 2013, 8:22 am

I believe those are from series 2.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Ufasimba » March 9th, 2013, 12:42 am

Probably too late to answer, but just in case.

That set of 9 cards only came included with the blue LK card collectors album you could buy in disney stores. The standard LK card album which was mainly green with orange highlights did not include any cards.
Ufasimba

Postby Tangles » March 9th, 2013, 3:22 am

Hi Ufasimba! You're not too late at all, I'd had no luck finding an answer til now. How strange that I wound up with the cards but not the album! I'd kill for the blue album (I'm pretty intense about my TLK card collection, though mine's not as comprehensive as yours!) but I never see it for sale anywhere online.

Thanks heaps for that answer, it's good to know. :)
Tangles

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ufasimba » March 9th, 2013, 5:31 am

Hi Tangles,
Here's a quick pic, and a pic of a dealer related letter on the item I found somewhere, just to show what it looks like. It is actually not too difficult to find on Ebay with a bit of searching and maybe some patience. I have seen many listed over time & you should be able to get in the $25 range. Some times it includes the cards and sometimes it is just the empty binder. At least some brand new ones had a printing on the outer wrapping that mentions the exclusive set of 9 cards.

Image Image

I was just returning to this site to start posting more pics, as I had only covered about 25% & they continue to make new things regularly. Not new full sets of just Lion King but mixed disney sets that include some Lion King. For instance Panini just issued a new set of collector sticker cards at the Holidays which included about 14 from Lion King. Between that and tracking down the foreign items it is a story that never ends.

Good Hunting!
Ufasimba

Postby nathalie » March 9th, 2013, 9:20 am

So that's why I have those cards Tangles mentioned, because I got that bleu binder, and it has both series 1 + 2 complete including all special cards (like the games / coloring cards).

And those cards are in the series 2 section in the binder.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Pride Points: 8

Previous

Return to Marketplace