Timon & Pumbaa

Re: Timon & Pumbaa

Postby Jarrett » January 23rd, 2012, 3:51 am

I liked them, and hated them. Being that TLK and SP were (partially) based off of Shakespeare plays, it would only make sense to have some comic relief. And of course, they were vital in TLK teaching Simba the meaning of Hakuna Matata. But sometimes I just downright hated it, when in the heat of a moment here comes Timon and Pumbaa with another pun or fart joke that just makes me cringe.

Not that jokes are bad, but they're always at the wrong time and it's like trying to laugh at a funeral. I always hate when Timon laughs at Simba whenever he explains about what his father told him stars were and how he says "What mook made that up?"

Anyway, good characters, but I still think they're a tad annoying at parts.
Jarrett
JHH

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Do what you love and love what you do.

Pride Points: 5

Postby LeopardessGracie » February 12th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I don't know about Timon and Pumbaa. The first time I watched TLK, I thought they were funny, but they became a little annoying. And I disliked TLK 3. I have my own version of how Simba survived after he left the Pridelands, and if I wrote writing TLK, I wouldn't think Timon and Pumbaa were necessary.
"Everyone has a good side and a bad side...I happen to show both" -Me

Made by AmyMarie ^-^

"Love is as much of an object as an obsession,
everybody wants it, everybody seeks it,
but few ever achieve it,
those who do will cherish it, be lost in it,
and among all, never, ever forget it."
LeopardessGracie
I'm a leopardess ^_^

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fan of Vitani, Mheetu and Sarafina =)

Nickname(s): Leopardess, Gracie, Grace, LG
Pride Points: 3

Postby Avytar » April 29th, 2012, 12:44 am

I liked them a lot at first because I thought they were really funny. I think what makes them annoying is Timon. I have Timon's exact personality. He's loud and inconsiderate. Pumbaa on the other side is a bit more humble. but yeah i wonder why the writers thought they had to put these 2 in the movie. I do like the fact that timon & pumbaa stuck by simba's side at the end though.
Avytar

Pride Points: 2

Postby Ananda » April 29th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Timon and Pumbaa fans, check my drawings of them: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23063
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

Postby Sammi » May 10th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Timon and Pumbaa are amongst my favourite characters for sure. :D I like that they provide comedy relief.
Sammi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby MooLion » May 12th, 2012, 10:17 pm

All the characters make 'The Lion King' what it is. T & P never bothered me in the original.

BUUUT,

They are somewhat annoying and in the way in SP. And what with the not too special series, AND TLK 3, it all gets to be ENOUGH. Too much emphasis on characters that clearly aren't so great as the lions themselves.

But as I say, moreorless: they have their place.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Aranitar » June 21st, 2012, 11:11 pm

God! I HATE Timon...he is so annoying......
But i still like Pumba he's cute...well sometimes
Aranitar

Nickname(s): Anita
Pride Points: 0

Postby Kitty » July 30th, 2012, 10:00 pm

I personally dislike Timon & Pumbaa. I have tried to like them for so many years being so much a fan of TLK movies but.. nothing changes my opinion on them.

I don't know, I just find them to be.. annoying. Their voices are a bit irritating, I am not overly keen on the species of animals they are (I reckon they would have worked better in the storyline as different animals) and quite frankly I find them to be pretty ugly (poor excuse yes, but, it's true lol), they get too much limelight, and, I don't really see their purpose in the movie.

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Pride Points: 4

Postby InsaneSeagull » August 5th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Personally, I like Timon and Pumbaa. They are far from my favorite characters, but I like how they enjoy their "Hakuna Matata" lifestyle, and how they made Simba enjoy it as well. They also seem kindhearted and caring.

But still, I like Pumbaa a bit more than Timon. That's mainly because people who laugh at their own jokes kind of irritate me :D
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby SNAZ » August 10th, 2012, 12:29 pm

I think they're funny together but can ruin the momoent with a cringe joke, which is really annoying. But I like pumbaa better coz he's not as super-cringe as timone :ooh:
Userbars and Extra stuffs: show
Thanks Julie Skywalker for my AWESOME siggy and avvy :-D
SNAZ
Scar Rules

But I still like Simba ;)

Nickname(s): SNSZ123, Shaz, snaz, Twin(GeminiGemelo)
Pride Points: 9

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters