Misheard quotes

Re: Misheard quotes

Postby Laladidoa » May 3rd, 2012, 5:36 am

One of the lines that I'm still not sure about today is when Rafiki talks to Simba.

Simba: "Come on, would you cut it out?"

Rafiki: "Can't cut it out, it will grow right back!"

I'm not sure if that's correct though. :?

During "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" I always thought that Pumba sang: "His care free days with us are his dreams." instead of "are history." :P
Laladidoa

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 6

Postby DGFone » May 3rd, 2012, 5:44 am

I had one that I swore made sense (in a way, still does), that I always got wrong and had to be told so:

In the end of CYFTLT, when Timon and Pumbaa sing "his care free days, with are history. In short, our pal, is doomed..."

I always heard as "his very days, with us are history. In short, our plan, is doomed..." I guess their plan was to live out their days with Simba with them as protection, and now Nala came and stole him from them.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » May 5th, 2012, 5:24 pm

[quote="Laladidoa"]During "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" I always thought that Pumba sang: "His care free days with us are his dreams." instead of "are history." :P[/quote]

I think I thought that too.

As well as others I also thought Scar said 'shallow end of the dream pool'.

I think TLK is one of my most misheard films. I can't think of any examples right now, but there are others!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby SpyroGirlKariana » June 16th, 2012, 3:57 pm

[quote="InvaderMeer"]When Zira tells everyone that Kovu is to be the next heir, and Timon scoffs, "That's not a king! That's a fuzzy maraca!" I heard him say, "That's not a king! That's a fuzzy Moroccan!"

[quote="zorayda"]When Scar sings, "I know it sounds sordid", I used to think he said "I know it sounds sorted." XP
[/quote]

I used to think the same until I read your post.[/quote]
Same here...
Krazykari.deviantart.com
SpyroGirlKariana
Shark Spyro is Best Spyro

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Kari
Pride Points: 4

Postby Tora » June 16th, 2012, 4:14 pm

I always thought Zazu said "Opus day" then I found out he said, "Ix-nay on the oopid-stay"
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Lauren » June 16th, 2012, 5:10 pm

[quote="Momotaro"]Regular:
Pumbaa: Home is where your rump rests!

Misheard ( for me. XD)
Pumbaa: Home is for the Rugrats!
(I used to love the Rugrats! XD)[/quote]
This one too. It always got to me. :P
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » June 17th, 2012, 2:23 am

[quote="Laladidoa"]One of the lines that I'm still not sure about today is when Rafiki talks to Simba.

Simba: "Come on, would you cut it out?"

Rafiki: "Can't cut it out, it will grow right back!"

I'm not sure if that's correct though. :?
[/quote]

Take it from me, that is correct!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » July 22nd, 2012, 9:26 am

It's not exactly misheard, because I am referring to the African backing vocals in "Can you Feel the Love Tonight". Seeing as I don't speak Swahili (or Zulu, whatever the language there was used) I can be excused in not knowing what they sing. Despite that, for a long time whenever I would try to remember the sounds of the backing vocals, a certain section always stood out for me, because of an English phrase that sounds rather similar. Near the climax of the song, Simba and Nala start rolling down the hill, tumbling over each other. It is here that African vocals, to me at least, sound remarkably like this: "I don't wanna be locked away"

Yeah, rather uncanny...
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Meskhenet » August 12th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Nala during her arguement with Vitani.
Vitani: Where's your pretty little daughter Nala?
Nala: Vitani!
Misheard it as "shetani". :innocent:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Buffy » August 20th, 2012, 1:44 am

When I was little I always thought that...

"Slimy, yet satisfying."
"That's it."

was...

"Slimy, is not a slime."
"Datz iz."

XD I don't know why I thought it was that, but I did xD
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies