My father believes in mermaids...

My father believes in mermaids...

Postby SlayerOfLight » May 5th, 2012, 12:45 pm

No, seriously I'm not joking or being sarcastic in any way. My father really believes in mermaids after seeing this video on his laptop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plXYotws ... ture=inbox

Ok, I'm a Christian and I believe in God and the bible, but I DO have my limits. I know mermaids aren't real, and that video is fake. because I doubt anyone would stay so calmly in the water after seeing something like that approaching you. Also, as the video owner states, the fishes are not afraid of that mermaid thing. possibly because that mermaid thing was done with photoshop and wasn't really there. And if that isn't enough, the footage is too short to be real. I mean, the one who recorded it on tape stopped filming after having a good sight of it, only to be followed by that thing swimming away from him.

then again, I have to admit that I must give the video owner some credit for deceiving most of the gullible youtubers. It has been made/edited so pretty that it seems almost hard to prove it as a fake.

so, what do you guys think about this? leave me your opinions please.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Re: My father believes in mermaids...

Postby AdAstrα » May 5th, 2012, 1:33 pm

I personally don't believe that mermaids exist and think that looks fake.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby SlayerOfLight » May 5th, 2012, 2:02 pm

[quote="AdAstra"]I personally don't believe that mermaids exist and think that looks fake.[/quote]

well, I agree that it is a fake. however, I disagree that it looks fake. Whoever made that, must be an expert when it comes to photoshop, computergraphics, and stuff like that.
SlayerOfLight

Postby AdAstrα » May 5th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Oh yeah, I have to agree that it's well done. But IF it were real then I'd think the fish would've reacted to it being there, and not remained quite as calm as they appear in this video.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Panda-chan » May 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm

You can see the "mermaid" bend her knees at 1:22...
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Shadowfax » May 5th, 2012, 10:16 pm

The 'mermaid' looks like a 3d animation cut from a movie and blue screened over onto a basic sea background which is why the fish aren't afraid.... because it's not there. Also note, there are no kind of shadows/ripples while it swims. And obvs you would have more of a reaction if you saw something like that swim over you... Hmm..

As for the one found after a hurricane... That looks like one ugly model. How it's landed... that's not anatomically possible xD
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby DGFone » June 6th, 2012, 7:12 am

The "mermaid" has a zipper. Zippers are a human invention. Case closed.

/thread.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 6th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Lol ok, so now I actually need to convince my father, a nearly 50 year old man, that mermaids don't excist? :lol:
SlayerOfLight

Postby Shadowfax » June 6th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Tora » June 6th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Yeah, I think this the most fake thing I have ever seen. The first mermaid as they show was literally at the surface; therefor it would have splashed air into the water from contracting its fin to move. It really looks like a green screen trick. ;)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Next

Return to The Den