Plot hoooole? :O

Plot hoooole? :O

Postby Shadowfax » April 27th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Haha, this is something me and my boyfriend were talking about and he wanted me to make a thread to get you guys opinion ^^

Right, in the Lion King when Sarabi and Scar are talking. Sarabi says:

"We have only one choice, we must leave pride rock"

Then scar says

"We're not going anywhere"

Followed by Sarabi saying

"Then you have sentenced us to death!"

Riiight. So if they stayed, they die. When Simba defeats Scar and becomes king... It didn't seem like they went anywhere xD Sooo... how did they survive? We both reckon on the hyena's. But what do you guys think? :3

I know it's a disney movie, but still... What happened? Discuss :3
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Re: Plot hoooole? :O

Postby PrinceTaka » April 27th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Hm, hm, many would say the great kings of the past made the rain when Simba came back and ascended the throne even though a storm was already starting before Simba even got to the Pride Rock. But think it this way: Could it be that Simba made himself even more of a hero by pretending that he saved The Pride Lands from drought "caused" by Scar?

Either way, had Simba came a day earlier or later there would have been rain and the grasslands would come back along with the herds. A king may have power but not even he himself can affect the natural weather.
PrinceTaka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TheLionPrince » April 28th, 2012, 12:46 am

I don't think it's a plot hole. However, the movie kind of implied to me that the condition of the Pride Lands is based on the goodness of its leader. But, I knew this couldn't be true because the king can't control the weather.

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't think it's a plot hole. Remember it started raining even before Simba ascended on Pride Rock, which would have replenished the waterhole nearby so at least they could quench their thirsty mouths. So, at least, the pride had something to stay at Pride Rock for.

Then, I would say about two weeks to a month, they saw fresh new green grass growing, so that would bring the herds back. This gives them another reason to stay in the Pride Lands. And then, when enough herds return, they can officially stay in the Pride Lands.

Nature just has a weird way of healing itself. Although, I don't think the Pride Lands revived itself instantly as the movie implies, but since the rightful king had returned, and things in the kingdom were going in the right direction gave the pride some hope that they can stay in their homeland.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Regulus » April 28th, 2012, 2:52 am

Who is to say they didn't leave? I like to think they did, at least for a few months until Kiara (or Kopa) was born.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » April 28th, 2012, 7:57 am

While it is heavily implied that the weather is determined by the king (It's called the Fisher King, from the Arthurian legend), the very end clearly shows that some time has passed between when Simba reclaimed his throne and the ending where everyone are in the green Pride Lands again.

Keep in mind that it did rain when Simba came back, so the seeds for the healing of the lands were there right away. What you don't see is what happened to the Pridelands between Simba's reclamation and when "Fluffy" is presented. Yes, there are a lot of fan theories, but non are the definite answer.

I myself prefer not to choose sides as whether or not Simba and the Pride Landers left or not, because I have seen both theories put to the test, and both pass. But in the end, it is not a plot-hole that Simba and the pride seemed to stay after the battle.

If they left or stayed, we don't see what actually happened, and can only assume.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ananda » April 28th, 2012, 12:14 pm

I thought about this long time ago, and I ended up saying that TLK is a cartoon movie after all. But it was probably winter when Simba came back to his lands. And when he ruled the lands again, it was spring time, so we could see trees, birds, and animals everywhere.
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

Postby Shadowfax » April 28th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Interesting responses guys :3
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Regulus » April 28th, 2012, 5:02 pm

[quote="Ananda"]I thought about this long time ago, and I ended up saying that TLK is a cartoon movie after all. But it was probably winter when Simba came back to his lands. And when he ruled the lands again, it was spring time, so we could see trees, birds, and animals everywhere.[/quote]

If they're near the desert, as I assume, then seasons are almost meaningless. Although I actually know nothing about the seasons in Africa. I'm just guessing based on the adjacency to the equator.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Ananda » April 28th, 2012, 10:12 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="Ananda"]I thought about this long time ago, and I ended up saying that TLK is a cartoon movie after all. But it was probably winter when Simba came back to his lands. And when he ruled the lands again, it was spring time, so we could see trees, birds, and animals everywhere.[/quote]

If they're near the desert, as I assume, then seasons are almost meaningless. Although I actually know nothing about the seasons in Africa. I'm just guessing based on the adjacency to the equator.[/quote]

Were they near the desert though? :?
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

Return to The Movies