Possible new Lion King movie?

Possible new Lion King movie?

Postby TimonLotso » February 5th, 2012, 1:37 am

So I was looking up schedules for the Pumbaa Bowl (I will watch episodes of Timon and Pumbaa for most of Super Bowl Sunday), when I stumbled upon this. I am confused about if this news is true or not.
http://www.topix.com/forum/com/dis/T0BEHA3A1TRJV51QR

It might be true. Also, a Deviantart user talked about Disney workers confirming this, as well as the spin-off movies airing on Disney Cinemagic US, I predict that it should come mid or late 2012, as the movie series starts in 2013. What interested me was this release:
Timon & Pumbaa in: The Story of The Killer Lion" (The Lion King)- October 18, 2013
Yes everyone! Another movie about Timon and Pumbaa!

I need help confirming if this is bogus or not. There was also another LION KING "Special Edition" release in the future.

What are your thoughts?
Hula Timon was purchased on August 5th, 2011.
Hula Pumbaa was purchased on August 25, 2011.
TimonLotso
♥The Most Fabulous Sheep♥

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I shall help you all!

Nickname(s): Queen Lanolin
Pride Points: 2

Re: Possible new Lion King movie?

Postby Noah » February 5th, 2012, 1:49 am

John Lasseter put an end to Direct-to-Video sequels back in 2007. I doubt he would start them up this quickly. The only way a Lion King sequel would get made if it were released in the official Disney canon, like the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie.

[quote="The man who posted that also wrote"]* "The Adventures of B'rer Rabbit" (Song of the South)- September 23, 2016[/quote]
^This makes me think they are making this up. Disney won't even release Song of the South on video in America, why would they make a sequel?
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Josh » February 5th, 2012, 2:03 am

I hope they don't make another film about Timon and Pumbaa just because I can honestly tell it won't be good. It would be like repeating a joke to someone up untill the point where it gets both tiring and boring. For me, watching 1.5 was a bit cliched in my opinion.
Josh
Howdy

Nickname(s): Josh
Pride Points: 3

Postby TheLionPrince » February 5th, 2012, 4:14 am

First off, the article is placed under a Walt Disney Forum, and this is therefore not really an article reporting an official statement from the Walt Disney Company. And on top of that, John Lasseter made a statement in 2008 that The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning will be the last Disney direct-to-video sequel. So, I can conclude this article is bogus.

Darn it, TimonLotso, you had my hopes up! (Well, not really! Disney usually doesn't make a quadrilogy of their animated films so I wouldn't hold my breath for a fourth Lion King movie.)
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby berais » February 6th, 2012, 10:36 am

I don't think it would be that easy to pull something off like that and with the scrapping of the idea way back some 5 years ago, I don't think it would be that easy to put everything back to the drawing board and start on it anew.

Though as a big fan, we could just never lose hope that once again, we will be seeing our well beloved characters back on the big screen.
berais

Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » February 8th, 2012, 12:00 am

[quote="berais"]I don't think it would be that easy to pull something off like that and with the scrapping of the idea way back some 5 years ago, I don't think it would be that easy to put everything back to the drawing board and start on it anew.

Though as a big fan, we could just never lose hope that once again, we will be seeing our well beloved characters back on the big screen.[/quote]

What idea? What happened five years ago? Enlighten me, berais.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Wrightfan » February 8th, 2012, 2:19 pm

Gepetto gymboree edition? I don't think even DISNEY could do a line that hokey :D
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby spearss91 » February 25th, 2012, 6:39 am

The lion king is one of the best movies in the animated world...

I am waiting for the if "The lion king part 2" will make soon and we go to theater to watch this movie... :D
Watch free movie online free with ultimate video sources.
Online movies magazine for youth where you can get a knowledge about latest movies!!
spearss91
Watch Movies Online

Nickname(s): spearss91

Postby Pocahontas » February 25th, 2012, 5:27 pm

A sequel to song of the south? The movie has never been on DVD because apparently it's "Racist", and most people who didn't see it in theaters in either the 50's/80's never saw it.

What.
Pocahontas

Average Nerd

Pride Points: 7

Postby SparksFly86 » February 13th, 2013, 2:55 am

omg

yes

just yes.
SparksFly86

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King