Sleep paralysis?

Re: Sleep paralysis?

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 7:14 pm

But why are all SP's described as negative, and never described as feeling something positive? hallucinations are random and it's unlikely that everyone has the same hallucination all over and over again. Besides, there are alot of people who sleep with a dog and/or cat in their room, and during a SP their pets start behaving weird as well, as if they can also feel it. So, can't there just be more behind then only a simple brain malfuction? There are many other things besides sleep paralysis. What would YOU say to me if I for example say that me and my best friend both had been communicating with angelic beings at the same time? If I would be telling the truth, it means it wouldn't be a hallucination concidering someone else has experienced it as well.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 7:40 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]But why are all SP's described as negative, and never described as feeling something positive? hallucinations are random and it's unlikely that everyone has the same hallucination all over and over again. Besides, there are alot of people who sleep with a dog and/or cat in their room, and during a SP their pets start behaving weird as well, as if they can also feel it. So, can't there just be more behind then only a simple brain malfuction? There are many other things besides sleep paralysis. What would YOU say to me if I for example say that me and my best friend both had been communicating with angelic beings at the same time? If I would be telling the truth, it means it wouldn't be a hallucination concidering someone else has experienced it as well.[/quote]

I explained that already so I dfon't see why you ask the same question again
[quote]Seeing, hearing, feeling are all part of sleep paralysis. Your brain is fully functioning in this state of sleep. Why everybody describes seeing and hearing the same things is simply because all minds work the same way. It's the state of sleep that causes malfunction and this malfunction is the same in every human being.[/quote]

About pet's. please give me a report and a link on that. I can't argue if I don't have any info, and I highly doubt this ever happened.

About the angels, it will simply not happen as it is not part of sleep paralysis. There is always the pressing down feeling or the out of body feeling. Every human minds experiences the same basic elements, but with a little change here and there which correspond to recent happenings in their lives.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 7:52 pm

''I explained that already so I dfon't see why you ask the same question again''

well, sorry but then I don't see anything in the answer you already gave me, that all minds work the same. yes our minds work the same, but still not everyone would have the same hallucination.

''About pet's. please give me a report and a link on that. I can't argue if I don't have any info, and I highly doubt this ever happened.''

I dont think a link would be enough for you XD because even if it included weird pet behavior during SP, you could still say there is no evidence because that person could've made it up. But I've read many of these types on sites such as yourghoststories and many other sites like that.

''About the angels, it will simply not happen as it is not part of sleep paralysis. There is always the pressing down feeling or the out of body feeling. Every human minds experiences the same basic elements, but with a little change here and there which correspond to recent happenings in their lives''

yes I know it's not part of the sleep paralysis because they are always negative experiences. But I was refering to other paranormal encounters which wouldn't be easily explained with hallucinations.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 7:58 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]

well, sorry but then I don't see anything in the answer you already gave me, that all minds work the same. yes our minds work the same, but still not everyone would have the same hallucination.

yes I know it's not part of the sleep paralysis because they are always negative experiences. But I was refering to other paranormal encounters which wouldn't be easily explained with hallucinations.[/quote]

Yes it does explain it. Sleep paralysis works the same in every human being, also creating the same feelings and the same sightings.

if it's no sleep paralysis it would be a completely random occurrence. Science always needs to have the ability to be ''re-done''
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby WildSimba » January 18th, 2012, 8:05 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]''I explained that already so I dfon't see why you ask the same question again''

''About pet's. please give me a report and a link on that. I can't argue if I don't have any info, and I highly doubt this ever happened.''

I dont think a link would be enough for you XD because even if it included weird pet behavior during SP, you could still say there is no evidence because that person could've made it up. But I've read many of these types on sites such as yourghoststories and many other sites like that.

''About the angels, it will simply not happen as it is not part of sleep paralysis. There is always the pressing down feeling or the out of body feeling. Every human minds experiences the same basic elements, but with a little change here and there which correspond to recent happenings in their lives''

yes I know it's not part of the sleep paralysis because they are always negative experiences. But I was refering to other paranormal encounters which wouldn't be easily explained with hallucinations.[/quote]

What do other paranormal experiences have to do with this topic, though? There's a reason why lucid dreaming can send you into Sleep Paralysis. Your trying to force your mind into being able to realize your in a dream. If you do it wrong, and become too aware, you'll go into paralysis. Sleep Paralysis, IS OFFICIALLY, where your body is still asleep, but your mind is fully aware. Also, I'd like proof of that pet thing, as well.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby nathalie » January 18th, 2012, 8:25 pm

I think both of you make some good points, from everyone's personal perspective and opinions that is.

I'm afraid I can't really get into the discussion, as I have never really looked anything about it.

But it sure felt real enough, but I have never said since it happened that it was indeed 100 % real.
(in my case)
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Pride Points: 8

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 8:37 pm

@Woeler the typical hallucinations caused by drugs and etc are diffrent. I know what hallucinations are. I've known 2 guys at school who used LSD pills and both of them described diffrent type of hallucinations, such as seeing everything blurry, and all sort of things that dont make sense. these are hallucinations. but the events during sleep paralysis are described as horrific. way beyond hallucinations. I understand that hallucinations do occur, but it makes no sense that all so-called hallucinations caused by sleep paralysis are the same, and people always report the exact same feelings as if literally something evil is present in their room, and as well seeing shadow-like entities. I just believe there is a spiritual solution behind it as well, besides only a scientific solution.

@wildsimba sleep paralysis doesn't only have to occur because of lucid dreaming. it can happen to normal people who don't have lucid dreams or got nothing wrong with them.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 8:40 pm

^uhm yes it is logical, as I said sleep paralysis occurs in the same way in every human being, thus creating the same image and the same emotions. There is no ''what if'' or ''but'' to that. It is as it is, and it is that way in every human being.
Woeler

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 18th, 2012, 8:52 pm

@woeler hallucinations caused by drugs also occur in the same way. but still the hallucinations are described diffrently. if all sleep paraylsis cases are hallucinations, then it still would have indeed the same effect. but the visions caused by the hallucination wouldn't just be all the same, but more based on someone's fantasy. almost everyone tells how they feel something evil, or an evil spirit sitting on them, but never odd things such as fairies, dragons, goblins which would be more likely in a hallucination. There also alot of people, even one of my best friends, who claim to have seen things such as shadow-ghosts during the day besides only during a sleep paralysis. there have even been captured blurry images of shadow-like entities all over the internet. so my guess is that these shadow-things which are seen during sleep paralysis by many, are real.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Woeler » January 18th, 2012, 9:11 pm

[quote="FromNZbrotha"]@woeler hallucinations caused by drugs also occur in the same way. but still the hallucinations are described diffrently. if all sleep paraylsis cases are hallucinations, then it still would have indeed the same effect. but the visions caused by the hallucination wouldn't just be all the same, but more based on someone's fantasy. almost everyone tells how they feel something evil, or an evil spirit sitting on them, but never odd things such as fairies, dragons, goblins which would be more likely in a hallucination. There also alot of people, even one of my best friends, who claim to have seen things such as shadow-ghosts during the day besides only during a sleep paralysis. there have even been captured blurry images of shadow-like entities all over the internet. so my guess is that these shadow-things which are seen during sleep paralysis by many, are real.[/quote]

As far as knowledge goes, they are pictures of the mind, the internet stuff -> photoshop. My facts are based on science and it is the stuff we KNOW IS TRUE about sleep paralysis, also drug hallucinations cannot be compared to these. Drugs influence the brain with chemicals as sleep paralysis is a thing your own body creates. Evil has nothing to do with this. Things can't be classified as evil just because they appear in sleep or press someone down during sleep. Those are all images created by the human mind. There are no real ghosts or shadows involved. The mind dreams with the eyes open and lets a dream come to life in the environment.
Woeler

PreviousNext

Return to The Den