Happy MLK Day!

Happy MLK Day!

Postby Noah » January 16th, 2012, 7:59 am

I'm not sure how he did it, but our dear friend Moka managed to give MLK it's own holiday! If you live in America, check your calendars! You'll see that January 16, 2012 is MLK Day! Not only that, Moka also got the post offices, the banks, and even my school closed for the day! :D

I Hope You All Have A Great MLK Day!

legal disclaimer: show
For those of you who don't get the joke, MLK Day is short for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It's a federal holiday that is celebrated in United States and is dedicated to that man's life. MyLionKing does not, and sadly never will, have its own holiday. Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Mr. King's legacy in any way, I'm only having a little fun with the wordplay. Let's try not to have this thread turn into a nasty discussion on racism or similar subjects, you can go to the smarty pants forum for that. Furthermore, if you want to read more about how Dr. King changed America and the world, you can visit this link.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Re: Happy MLK Day!

Postby Saffyminty » January 16th, 2012, 12:04 pm

How does that work??? I am so confused!!! :confused:
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Postby Eli_Ayase » January 16th, 2012, 12:39 pm

****, I wish I was American. =[

Oh well...
Happy MLK Day ^^'
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Buffy » January 16th, 2012, 1:01 pm

I'm totally not American lol!
Happy MLK Day! ^^
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Timba » January 16th, 2012, 1:22 pm

not american, but got the day off anyway hahaha
happy MLK day everyone<3
Thanks for the avvie Flippeh ;p
Timba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LUF YALL<3

Nickname(s): Timi
Pride Points: 6

Postby cleargreenwater » January 16th, 2012, 2:25 pm

I can't tell you how much that messes with me still every time I see initials for this place.

It's Martin Luther King, Jr. , the civil rights leader, Day here in the U.S.

His name is also all over street names and things, so the initials of MLK get used in the US a lot instead of saying "Martin Luther King Jr. Ave/Boulevard/Street/Etc." each time.

I'm so used to MLK meaning Martin Luther King Jr. that when I see it pop up in the context of a Disney messageboard I always feel a very large disconnect o_O

EDIT: But awesome for you lucky people that get the day off :-)
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Vector » January 16th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Martin Luther King
My Lion King
^ O_O

I got the day off!
Vector
IT'S-AAAAA

WARIO TIME

Nickname(s): Vec, Theo, Darth Vector
Pride Points: 8

Postby SophieCub » January 16th, 2012, 6:59 pm

I'm British but.. Happy MLK Day! :D
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Lauren » January 16th, 2012, 7:03 pm

Happy MLK Day! :)
Lauren

Postby Jaynr » January 16th, 2012, 7:03 pm

That's right! I'd forgotten, since my school had classes today! Happy MLK day ;)
Signature and avatar by me. Pop over to my thread if you'd like one.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide.

My Novel - The Hawthorne Effect
Jaynr
Logophile

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The Prodigal Daughter

Nickname(s): Jay, Snare
Pride Points: 9

Next

Return to News & Announcements